The Bob Moog Foundation has announced the prize for its annual vintage synth raffle, a Model D Minimoog signed by Stevie Wonder. The unit on offer bears the serial number 8207 and was built at Moog’s Williamsville factory. It has been fully restored and is said to be in excellent condition given the age. It’s estimated the synth is worth over $5000.
For this year’s annual vintage synth raffle The Bob Moog Foundation is offering a mint Model D Minimoog Played By Stevie Wonder.
Stevie Wonder played the instrument himself and his unique fingerprint signature is displayed on brass under a perspex cover on the instrument.
“This year’s prize has been signed by the legendary Stevie Wonder, whose career has helped shape popular music and inspired people worldwide. Stevie pioneered the use of synthesizers integrated seamlessly with acoustic sounds, which influenced the development of electronic music,” states The Bob Moog Foundation.
The raffle is open now and ends at 11:59 pm on April 22nd, or when all 5,000 tickets are sold. It’s $25 an entry, or five for $100, all available through The Bob Moog Foundation’s website.
- See TONTO – the World’s Biggest Polysynth – in Canada The National Music Centre in Calgary, Canada, will play host to TONTO. It's the largest polysynth on the planet and it will be on display at the centre this November.
Keen to […]
- Warmth, Grit and Character: A Brief Look At Recording Keyboards Through Preamps, Reampers and Guitar Amps Tracking keys should be pretty straightforward, right? Well, I guess it is, to the extent that it is a pretty simple process to extract sound from a device that has an audio output. Yet, […]
- It’s About Time: Synthwatch, the Synth You Can Wear on Your Wrist If you weren't too convinced about smartwatches, this might get you excited. The 'Synthwatch' by Audioweld is the world's first wristwatch synthesiser and if you by chance think it sounds […]
- A Decade of Shimmer: The History of BOSS Chorus Pedals From 1975 to 1985 Chances are that if you've listened to any form of music in the last 40 years (especially from the 1980's) then you're familiar with the shimmering sound that goes by the name of […]
- Audio-Technica Set the Wireless Benchmark With New ATH-S200BT Headphones Audio-Technica have just launched their brand new ATH-S200BT on-ear wireless headphones.
Audio-Technica are nothing less than pioneers in the field of sound tech, creating benchmark […]
- Making Good the Floor with Acoustic Caulk Green Glue comes up a fair bit in searches for acoustic caulk however we used a more generic product for edge sealing in the room. The photos may not show it well but the Kauri timber […]