Ever strolled through the garden and thought “how can I turn these leaves into a synth?” Well, me neither. But someone has, and he’s has shown us how he pulled it off.
Leaves from the garden are probably pretty low on the list for most people when making gear choices. But making a synth out foliage is possible – watch how it’s done.
Musician James Grech created foliage based device with simple circuitry (the same as you find in a light switch), so when the leaf is touched, it closes the circuit and triggers a sample.
He added a loop pedal so he could layer up the sounds need to create his cover of Spanish Sahara, by Foals. Check it out below.
Or head on over to Reddit to see the original post.
- Improvised Sets And The Magic of Analog Synths: Gear Talk With Donny Benét Donny Benét is a simple man, unperturbed by the pace of the world around him. He calls himself a luddite when it comes to making music, an assertion that few musicians in his realm […]
- Behringer Launches a New Semi Modular Synth: Crave Behringer have been blowing minds across the world of late with their budget friendly clones of immortal synths and drum machines. The Crave semi-modular synth, however, is their latest […]
- Algonaut Announces Atlas – a Gamechanging AI Based Sampler Atlas, a new software sampler from the minds of Algonaut, is based on AI and gives users a way to navigate sample libraries and create instant beats with ease.
Is AI based […]
- The Plasma Coil is the Brainchild of Third Man Records and Gamechanger Audio Many of us have a fuzz favourite, but few would have imagined that Plasma could be harnessed for the use of distortion. But here we are in an age that we can use literal bolts of […]
- Crunch and Atmosphere: Pedal Talk With WAAX Wild and Weak, the new EP from Brisbane's WAAX, is one of the most hard-hitting releases of the year so far. Part of this stem's from singer Maz De Vita's wailing vocals, which barrel […]
- Edifier Reveals Their New Flagship S3000 Pro Wireless Speakers Edifier has revealed their new flagship S3000 Pro 2.0 monitors. These speakers aren't just any ordinary variety, oh no. The S3000s are the company's first ever 2.0 wireless speaker. The […]