The composers of British TV series Cleaning Up have shown what goes into its bespoke soundscape. The mini documentary is courtesy of Spitfire Audio. Luckily for us, there’s a sample pack too.
Watch as Peter Jobson and Paul Saunderson create unique sound design for a TV show. You can also download the sample pack.
Inspired by the script, the composers set about creating designing sounds around London’s financial district. In other words, the literal sound of money.
The footage shows how the composers developed a Kitchen Drumkit. This meant coins colliding and spinning in pans, fridge doors slamming and more.
The pair then take it to the studio, further developing the sound design with more traditional instruments, but treated in unconventional ways.
Head over to Spitfire Audio to download the Kitchen Drumkit.
- The Odyssey Collection: Foley Effects Delivers Oscar-Winning Sound Sourcing convincing sound effects for visual projects - especially when time and budget are on short supply - can prove to be a great challenge. A comprehensive and world-class sound […]
- Animal Sex and Psychoacoustics: The Origins of 5 Iconic Film, TV and Video Game Sounds and Soundtracks If your housemates dislike you because you scream-sing the intro to every episode of your favourite series, or you find yourself wincing at the squelch of someone being slowly shanked by a […]
- 808 Sounds for iOS: Meet the MV08 Drum Machine The MV08 from developers MVStudio delivers an 808 experience for iPhone and iPad.
A mobile and authentic beatmaker, the MV08 delivers a hands-on drum machine experience within a […]
- We’re Giving Away a Pair of Audio-Technica ANC700BT Wireless Headphones! Amongst Audio-Technica's push into wireless innovation this year are the ATH-ANC700BTs, a pair of Bluetooth, noise-cancelling, over ear headphones. We spent a bit of time with our own demo […]
- Gibson Announce New Signature Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Based off the design of their legendary 50s single cut Les Paul Jr, Gibson have announced a new Billie Joe Armstrong signature guitar.
By swapping the standard P90 for a single zebra […]
- The Legendary Roland JX-3P is Now Available as a VST on Roland’s Cloud The Roland JX-3P was big in the '80s, as big as the hair. An old unit, however, is going to be a little impractical today, the hair too. The JX-3P was geared towards the user who wanted […]