The Valkyrie virtual analog synth landed at Musikmesse earlier this year. It has since found a manufacturing partner in Waldorf and will be called the Kyra.
Waldorf have announced they’ll be taking on the design, manufacturing and distribution of the Valkyrie synth, which will now be dubbed the Kyra.
The FGPA (Field-Programmable Gate Array) architecture has many virtues, which means that a hugely powerful synth can be very cost effective, and can also be updated after the manufacturing stage.
Among the Kyra’s other features include 128 voice polyphony, eight part multi-timbrality, over 4,000 waveshapes and three stereo LFOs.
The effects include EQ, distortion, six-stage phaser and stereo delay. Connectivity is provided with four balanced stereo outputs, headphone output and MIDI via DIN and USB.
The new synth is slated to make a splash at NAMM in 2019.
Stay tuned for updates on the Waldorf website.
- Ellistronics Deliver a Sleek Rework of Their Ellitone Synth First released in August last year, Ellistronics Ellitone, made its way into synth lovers hearts with its charming aesthetic. This fun little digital synthesiser invites experimentation […]
- Compression Made Minimal: Meet the Korvpressor Plugin Swedish plugin master Klevgrand have released the latest version of the Korvpressor. It's a piece of software that eschews the retro trend, favouring an elegant, easy to understand […]
- Gibson Pulls Video Threatening Rival Brands After Uproar To call the last couple of years for Gibson a rollercoaster is an understatement. Last year, they stared down the threat of bankruptcy, then kicked off 2019 with a host of new releases, […]
- The Sound of Led Zeppelin’s John Bonham, Quantized In youtuber Rick Beato's latest, he undertakes the sacrilegious task of snapping John Bonham's groove to the grid. Why would you do that, I hear you ask? The can the answer can be filed in […]
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- 6 DAWless YouTubers Everyone Should Follow Yes, we all know how great DAWs are. They've ushered in a whole new generation of artists, engineers, mixers and more into the music world - making the production easier by orders of […]