Since their release, Universal’s Apollo line has been a staple in many studios, from passionate hobbyists to the professional, loved for their dynamic range, clarity and analogue-digital and digital-to-analogue conversion compatibility. The latest rendition of these much-loved interfaces is the X series which includes four Thunderbolt 3 audio interfaces.
Universal Audio’s Apollo X series provides an upgrade on their Apollo series, loved by studio professionals for their dynamic range and clarity.
The series starts with the Apollo x6, which offers 16×22 simultaneous inputs/outputs (6×6 analog I/O), two mic preamps and 5.1.
The Apollo x8 is the next step up with 18×24 simultaneous inputs/outputs (8×8 analog I/O) and four mic preamps. The Apollo x8p packs in a lot of features with 18×22 simultaneous input/outputs and 8×8 analog I/O, but with eight Unison-enabled mic preamps.
The flagship Apollo x16 for professional studios offers a larger dynamic range of 133 dB and 18×20 simultaneous inputs/outputs via Thunderbolt 3 and 16×16 analog I/O via DB-25 connectors.
All of the new series’ Unison-enabled preamps can access authentic emulations from Neve, API, Manley, Helios, and more and can integrate with high-end commercial systems, via 7.1 surround sound and selectable +24 dBu headroom. Each unit comes equipt with HEXA Core processor, featuring 6 UAD DSP chips for running UAD Powered Plug-Ins.
For more information check out the Universal Audio website.
- Fat Tones, Isolation and The Joys of Recording Bass Recording bass guitar in the best way possible for a song is a pretty important task. Bass, however, does tend to be a pretty low maintenance instrument, which some might feel doesn’t […]
- The Godzilla Electric Guitar Unleashes Your Inner Beast Few monsters have taken hold in our collective imagination like Godzilla. Fortunately, ESP and Japanese rock legend, Takamizawa Toshihiko have made the connection between this legendary […]
- Placing A Crown on the BOSS DD-7. The only BOSS Analog Man claims doesn’t need a mod! In the guitar world, BOSS pedals are like childhood friends. Chances are the first pedal you bought as a budding guitarist was something along the lines of a DS-1 - fun, simple and like […]
- New All Digital Wireless Headphones from Audio-Technica Audio-Technica has released the ATH-DSR9BT, powered by Pure Digital Drive technology.
Want to keep your audio entirely in the digital domain? The new headphones from […]
- Explore iZotope’s Hidden Wonder: Pro Audio Essentials Plugin maestros iZotope have enjoyed a long established reputation for excellent software suites (focusing on music production, mastering and audio restoration in particular). Pro Audio […]
- The Ableton Evolution Continues with Version 10.1 Ableton version 10.1 has officially hit the shelves. This update (free to all owners of version 10) continues the steady evolutionary improvements to the DAW's workflow and adds some extra […]