Universal Audio have released version 9.4 of the celebrated UAD software for Apollo interfaces. They’ve also teamed up with Empirical Labs to deliver their emulation of the fabled EL8 Distressor.
The EL8 Distressor changed the game for hardware compression in the early 90s. Now it has a home as an end-to-end emulation on the UAD software platform.
Soon after its release in 1993, the Distressor became the go to compressor for the grunge explosion of that era. It’s incredibly versatile, aggressive and made for rock.
There are also three new direct developer plugins available on UAD 9.4. The Dytronics Tri-Stereo Chorus, developed by Softube, emulates three bucket-brigade delays of the original rackmount unit for deep and complex modulation.
The Gallien Krueger 800RB, from Brainworx, offers the quintessential modern bass guitar sound in the shape of a plugin.
Townsend Labs have used their Sphere modelling microphone technology in combination with Ocean Way to bring us the Ocean Way Mic Collection.
Check out Universal Audio for more details on the new software and plugins.
- FG-Stress by Slate Digital Brings a Hardware Classic to Your DAW The FG-Stress compressor plugin by Slate Digital gives DAW users access to the tonal quality of one of the most coveted pieces of studio hardware, the Empirical Labs […]
- The Retro Revolver Dual-Channel Tube Compressor Unlocks the Magic of the Beatles Era The Retro Revolver from Retro Instruments is a dual-channel tube based compressor is a modern take on the EMI modded Altec 436 compressor (then rechristened the RS124), which was made […]
- Keeley Reveals the Aria Overdrive and Compression Stompbox American boutique pedalmakers Keeley Electronics, have just launched the Aria effects pedal. It combines all the squash, sustain and grit you'll need for the front end of your guitar […]
- Spitfire Audio’s Vast LABS Library of Sounds Is Now Available For Free Spitfire Audio's LABS library of sounds and samples is a goldmine for producers and composers, partly because it's extremely vast, and partly because it's extremely cheap - actually, until […]
- Korg SDD-3000 Digital Delay Now Available on the UAD Platform Korg and Universal Audio have teamed up to deliver the SDD-3000 - an emulation of the famous digital delay unit.
Universal Audio are bringing a classic digital delay to their […]
- Spitfire Audio LABS Officially Launches With FREE Soft Piano and Strings Software Instruments The Spitfire Audio LABS program, announced in March, has officially launched. The software is designed to be easy to use, high quality and at a low cost - in fact, it's free!