Have you ever wanted to sequence lead lines with your tax return? No? Well, anyway now you can. Excel MIDI is the new program you never knew you needed and as its name suggests, it turns Microsoft Excel cells into MIDI data.
With the ability to turn Microsoft Excel into a detailed MIDI mapper and sequencer, Excel Midi is a procrastinator’s new best friend.
Who would’ve thought that the humble Microsoft Excel would be your new best production friend?
Excel MIDI works via Sound Forge, and takes advantage of Excel’s vertical and horizontal axes, allowing users to program MIDI parameters in detail, as well as adjusting the sequence length, measure and time signature.
The MIDI messages can be sent to any MIDI device for playback, meaning you can use Excel basically as a notation program to draw in everything from beats to basslines.
It would come in handy if you’ve been wanting to produce electronic tracks on the sly at work, or maybe you just want to hear what your tax return sounds like?
Excel Midi can be downloaded from the Sound Forge website.
- Getting choppy with the Soundtoys Tremolator Since emerging on the software scene, Soundtoys have been creating sonically fresh and mind-bending sound processing tools for DAW based recording. The company has steadily built a world […]
- This Is Not Rocket Science Reveals the Wobbler LFO Module The Wobbler, from Dutch synth masters This Is Not Rocket Science is an advanced LFO module. According to the company, it's "a modulation source that adds controlled chaos to your […]
- EHX Celebrates 50 Years With The V1 Triangle Big Muff Pi Reissue At my Dad's 50th, he jumped on the living room table and started singing Tom Jones' It's Not Unusual. Electro Harmonix has done something a little more practical for their half-century […]
- Max 8 by Cycling ’74 to be Released in 2018 Cycling '74 has announced that Max 8, the new version of the popular programming language, will be released early next year.
Max 8, the popular programming language for building […]
- The Tale of a Forgotten Classic: The Roland JX-3P Between their synthesizers, drum machines and BOSS line of pedals, you could argue that Roland has been the most influential musical instrument maker of the last 40 years. That doesn't […]
- Voiceover Recording With The Neumann M 147 Neumann has been rightly famed throughout the decades for the creation of some of the world’s highest quality microphones. The M 147 is one of the newer additions to the Neumann stable, […]