Have you ever wanted to sequence lead lines with your tax return? No? Well, anyway now you can. Excel MIDI is the new program you never knew you needed and as its name suggests, it turns Microsoft Excel cells into MIDI data.
With the ability to turn Microsoft Excel into a detailed MIDI mapper and sequencer, Excel Midi is a procrastinator’s new best friend.
Who would’ve thought that the humble Microsoft Excel would be your new best production friend?
Excel MIDI works via Sound Forge, and takes advantage of Excel’s vertical and horizontal axes, allowing users to program MIDI parameters in detail, as well as adjusting the sequence length, measure and time signature.
The MIDI messages can be sent to any MIDI device for playback, meaning you can use Excel basically as a notation program to draw in everything from beats to basslines.
It would come in handy if you’ve been wanting to produce electronic tracks on the sly at work, or maybe you just want to hear what your tax return sounds like?
Excel Midi can be downloaded from the Sound Forge website.
- This World-Class Music College Is Offering a Synth Programming Course For Free If you're sick of wading through hours of YouTube tutorials trying to get your head around how to program soft synths, then this will be right up your alley. Berklee College of Music, via […]
- Dust Off Your Ivory With These Three Free Key Plugins Have you been letting that Midi keyboard go dusty? Well, we might have just the thing for you. Diskpiano, Little Roadey and Padspheres are three free key plugins, ready to overhaul your […]
- U-He Reveals the New and Improved Hive 2 Virtual Synth Soft synth specialists, U-He have just launched the Hive 2 virtual instrument. It promises an improved workflow without sacrificing its depth of sonic capability.
Sleek, streamlined and […]
- Dust Off Those Old Axes: Guitarist Invents a New Way to Learn Scales Fast Guitarist Leo Pelletier has gifted Reddit a newly invented system for memorising scales on the guitar.
Conquering the fretboard can be frustrating. Leo Pelletier has invented […]
- The FB-3200 Emulates a Rare Korg Polysynth and You Can Download It For Free! The PS-3200 was a rare, semi-modular beast that was made by Korg in 1978. Full Bucket Music has paid tribute to the original in the form of the FB-3200, a free VST/AU […]
- Propellerhead Launches the Free Reason Compact App for iOS Propellerhead has just released the Reason Compact app, free to download for iOS. It can work alongside other apps, with Reason 10, or in standalone mode.
Standalone music […]