Have you ever wanted to sequence lead lines with your tax return? No? Well, anyway now you can. Excel MIDI is the new program you never knew you needed and as its name suggests, it turns Microsoft Excel cells into MIDI data.
With the ability to turn Microsoft Excel into a detailed MIDI mapper and sequencer, Excel Midi is a procrastinator’s new best friend.
Who would’ve thought that the humble Microsoft Excel would be your new best production friend?
Excel MIDI works via Sound Forge, and takes advantage of Excel’s vertical and horizontal axes, allowing users to program MIDI parameters in detail, as well as adjusting the sequence length, measure and time signature.
The MIDI messages can be sent to any MIDI device for playback, meaning you can use Excel basically as a notation program to draw in everything from beats to basslines.
It would come in handy if you’ve been wanting to produce electronic tracks on the sly at work, or maybe you just want to hear what your tax return sounds like?
Excel Midi can be downloaded from the Sound Forge website.
- Limitless Tone Control: Chase Bliss Announce The Condor Analog EQ/Pre/Filter Pedal The team at Chase Bliss Audio has just revealed their newest creation, the Condor EQ, preamp and filter.
Chase Bliss Audio's Condor stompbox gives channel strip level control […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]
- Native Instruments Dishes Up the Dirt with the Crush Pack Plugin Suite Hot on the heels of the Mod Pack effect series, Native Instruments have delivered Crush Pack: a tri-flavoured collection that covers a wide, distorted landscape.
Who doesn't […]
- Chatting Originality and The Future of MIDI In Guitar Pedals With Selah Effects Selah Effects is a boutique pedal company based in Tasmania responsible for some of the most forward-thinking and sought-after guitar effects to come out of Australia.
Widely regarded […]
- Genki Instruments Unveils Wave – a MIDI Controller that Shapes Sounds by the Motion of Your Hand With three years of development already behind them, the team at Icelandic startup Genki Instruments have revealed the Wave MIDI controller via an Indiegogo campaign.
Wave is a […]
- This Guy Built a Distortion Pedal Around a Chunk of the Goddamn Berlin Wall Ah, the things you stumble upon on Reddit.
What you see below is the Berlin Wall Distortion, a distortion pedal built around an actual piece of the Berlin Wall. Yeah, you read […]