From developer Peter Chilvers comes Travis & Fripp I,II and III apps. The sounds were assembled from the recording collaboration between guitarist Robert Fripp and flautist/saxophonist Theo Travis.
The new Travis & Fripp app series invites you to get lost in the undulations of live performance and mesmerising visuals. Each virtual live performance offers a unique combination of sounds.
Chilvers has previously worked alongside Brian Eno to develop the Bloom, Trope and Reflection apps, which similarly combine generative music with an immersive visual palette.
The app sources the music recorded by Fripp and Travis over a decade of collaboration, combining old performances with new, studio recordings with live and exclusive, unreleased material with the familiar.
Each of the three apps has its mood, with the slowly flowing visuals responding specifically to the music.
Found out more on the app store.
- Same Sound, No Tangle: Road Testing Audio-Technica’s Wireless ATH-M50xBT Headphones Audio-Technica's trusty M50s are the closest thing you'll find to an industry standard headphone. They're up there with the most recommended things of all time, like reading To Kill A […]
- Motas Electronics Unveils the Motas-6 Analog Monosynth The Motas-6 is a feature-packed analog monosynth (though digitally controlled) from British firm, Motas Electronics.
A welcome addition to the pantheon of analog monosynthesis - […]
- A Guide to Creating Your Own Flavours with Custom Sampler Instruments Are you a musician, producer or composer? Great, so is everyone else. But before you push off on a raft built with the wreckage of your future aspirations, there’s a technique that may […]
- 3 Different Uses for Headphones in a Studio Environment Sure, having headphones as your main (or in some cases, only) mixing and monitoring tool is far from desirable. Yet, they are extremely useful in a whole bunch of studio scenarios and it’s […]
- Energy, Inspiration and the Big Picture: Making Records with Dan Frizza Dan Frizza is a multifaceted studio pro, working as a recording and mix engineer, producer and musician. After cutting his teeth at Big Jesus Burger, he's been part of the fabric of many […]
- Polyverse Unveil Wider – A Free Plugin for Huge Sounding Stereo Wider is a stereo width creating plugin from Polyverse. It makes creating psuedo-stereo effects ridiculously easy, and best of all, it's free.
Could this be the perfect tool for […]