There are only days until 120 of David Gilmour’s guitars go under that hammer, including his infamous Black Strat. For now, however, they are on display in New York, and thanks to auction house Christie’s, everyone gets a sneak peek of the exhibition, in virtual reality.
120 of David Gilmour’s guitars are about to go under the hammer, but for the time being, they’re on display in New York. If you can make it across the pond check them out in VR here!
Christies has kindly supplied a virtual reality exhibition space that homes Gilmour’s legendary instruments, including various Fenders, Gibsons, Martins and Gretches. Highlights include a 1954 Stratocaster with serial number 1, and Gretch White Penguin, which is thought to be one of 50.
The VR demonstration lets you get right up and personal with each of the legendary guitars, and if you’re game you can even check the price tags. More information on each guitar can also be found in a series of podcasts by the Pink Floyd Guitarist, where he details their use in his career.
The auction will take place on June 20th and all proceeds will go towards Gilmour’s charity foundation for victims of famine, homelessness and displacement.
Head over to Christies for more information.
- David Gilmour’s Black Strat Sold for a World Record $3.9 Million Well, we knew it was going to go well. But this well? David Gilmour's Black Strat now wears the crown as the world's most expensive six string. It was sold at auction for $3.975 million […]
- David Gilmour Details his Favourite Guitars in New Podcast David Gilmour, singer, songwriter and guitar demigod of Pink Floyd fame is releasing a series of three podcasts, spilling the beans on his favourite axes. It comes ahead of the June […]
- More Than 120 of David Gilmour’s Guitars are Going Up for Auction Pink Floyd singer and guitarist, David Gilmour, will be auctioning off more than 120 guitars. The sale includes his famous black Fender Stratocaster, with all proceeds going to […]
- Fender Unveils the Player Series of Electric Guitars and Basses Fender has announced a new line of 21 guitars and basses called the Player Series, which will replace the Standard Series, adding updates for a new generation.
For so long the […]
- The Mellosound Brings the Classic Charm of the Mellotron to Your Mac The Mellotron was a sampler instrument released in the 1960s, that created ethereal tones and was used and esteemed by the likes of David Bowie, The Beatles and The Moody Blues. Not a bad […]
- Native Instruments has Launched the Kontakt 6 Sampler The latest generation of Native Instruments' flagship sampler has arrived. Kontakt 6 showcases an expanded onboard library while evolving as a host for premium third party virtual […]