4/5 AKG c12a
Buchen: Often confused with a standard 414, the c12a is its tube predecessor and is built around a CK12 capsule (the same as the revered AKG C12). I don’t love it on vocals but so sweet on pretty much anything else from strings to guitar amps to piano.
Name: AKG C12A | Year Introduced: Replaced the C12 in 1963 | Type: Condenser | Pattern: Omni
- Owen Penglis’ Favourite Mics of All Time 1/5 RCA 77D
Penglis: Put one of these on the right vocalist and you'll get an instantly warm, 'classic' sound. Or if you're game (and your drummer is good) try it as the single mic on the […]
- Michael Stavrou’s Favourite Mics of All Time (so far) 1/5 Neumann fet U47
Stav: More versatile than its valve counterpart and better bang for a buck. It's soft middle, clear top end, and extra bass rounds everything out and makes it sound […]
- The Strokes’ Albert Hammond Jr to Auction 8 Amps For Charity If you're a fan of The Strokes, this is it. Guitarist Albert Hammond Jr has announced that he will be generously auctioning off 8 amplifiers for The Otis Redding Foundation, Girls Rock […]
- KORG Unveils the Gadget 2 DAW for iOS, Mac and PC KORG has just launched Gadget 2, the latest version of their mobile and desktop DAW. The music production hub features 40 instruments, with Windows users being invited to the party for the […]
- Puremagnetik’s Clusters Goes Deep Into Creative Modulation Puremagnetik has unveiled Clusters. It's a plugin that delivers on classic tremolo, but goes further into the modulated territories by splitting the frequency spectrum and exploring ring […]
- The Amstrum reimagines the guitar for greater inclusion and access A new guitar attachment, ‘The Armstrum’, brings together inclusion and innovation for single-handed players.
Developed by an Indian Research group Makers Asylum, the Armstrum is a new […]