1/5 Neumann U47
Buchen: Boring and predictable I know. But no mic manages to capture musical performance with both clarity and attitude as the U47 does – two things which tend to be mutually exclusive in the microphone obsession narrative. The Wagner U47w is the finest and truest re-make of the classic mic I’ve heard and deserves mention.
Name: Neumann U47 | Year Introduced: Conceived in 1969, mass production started in 1972 | Type: Condenser | Pattern: Cardioid
- Owen Penglis’ Favourite Mics of All Time 1/5 RCA 77D
Penglis: Put one of these on the right vocalist and you'll get an instantly warm, 'classic' sound. Or if you're game (and your drummer is good) try it as the single mic on the […]
- Michael Stavrou’s Favourite Mics of All Time (so far) 1/5 Neumann fet U47
Stav: More versatile than its valve counterpart and better bang for a buck. It's soft middle, clear top end, and extra bass rounds everything out and makes it sound […]
- Fingerlab Unveils Mellowsound – the Lush, Free Mellotron App Mellowsound - a new app from developers, Fingerlab, captures the luscious tones of the archetypal psychedelic keyboard, the Mellotron. It's free to download, with in-app purchases […]
- We’re Giving Away a Pair of Audio-Technica ANC700BT Wireless Headphones! Amongst Audio-Technica's push into wireless innovation this year are the ATH-ANC700BTs, a pair of Bluetooth, noise-cancelling, over ear headphones. We spent a bit of time with our own demo […]
- Room Design: Acoustics in Virtual Spaces and The Real World In the previous article on acoustics, we explored the basic principles of acoustic treatment, especially with regard to treating already existing rooms. Yet, in professional studios - or […]
- Buchla USA Announce Return of Their Historic 100 Series In an incredible announcement, Buchla USA have said they will be bringing back the landmark San Francisco Tape Music Centre 100 Series in its original form and format.
Built in 1964, […]