1/5 Neumann U47
Buchen: Boring and predictable I know. But no mic manages to capture musical performance with both clarity and attitude as the U47 does – two things which tend to be mutually exclusive in the microphone obsession narrative. The Wagner U47w is the finest and truest re-make of the classic mic I’ve heard and deserves mention.
Name: Neumann U47 | Year Introduced: Conceived in 1969, mass production started in 1972 | Type: Condenser | Pattern: Cardioid
- Owen Penglis’ Favourite Mics of All Time 1/5 RCA 77D
Penglis: Put one of these on the right vocalist and you'll get an instantly warm, 'classic' sound. Or if you're game (and your drummer is good) try it as the single mic on the […]
- Michael Stavrou’s Favourite Mics of All Time (so far) 1/5 Neumann fet U47
Stav: More versatile than its valve counterpart and better bang for a buck. It's soft middle, clear top end, and extra bass rounds everything out and makes it sound […]
- The NTS-1 is the New DIY Synthesizer Kit from KORG Synth kings KORG have recently dropped an official line of DIY-focused instruments under the Nu:Tekt banner, starting with the NTS-1. The NTS-1 is a programmable synth kit and is made to […]
- The PortaFm Dishes Up 80s Keyboard Nostalgia in Spades Developed by Plogue, the PortaFM emulates the eccentric and lo-fi mini FM keyboards and keytars of the 80s. It recreates this sonic signature, however, in an easy to modify virtual […]
- Dave Davies’ Gibson Flying V up for Auction If you, like many of us, are a fan of The Kinks then this might just tickle your fancy. Dave Davies' infamous Gibson Flying V is going up for sale - the very model he was seen playing […]
- Morifone Guitars Releases the Quarzo Standard Electric Guitar Morifone has just unveiled the Quarzo Standard electric guitar. It wears its influences on its sleeve, but is striking enough to carve out its own path.
The Quarzo Standard is the latest […]