Tone Lab, a device from the mind of industrial designer, Colin Hearon, simplifies the concept of modular synthesis. With sound units that you stack on, it’s designed to offer up a friendly introduction to electronic music creation.
Simple, elegant and a new way to approach synthesis: Tone Lab is a synth that invites you to stack up and experiment with sounds any way you want.
Hearon’s philosophy behind the concept was born out of a desire to bypass complex user interfaces that can confound users of soft synths. The goal of Tone Lab is to break down the process of sound creation to its elements – one piece at a time.
The process goes something like this: place chord units in the desired order, stack sound units (these could include effects like reverb or delay, sine wave generation, oscillators and filters), press play and start a loop, then modify chord values to alter pitch.
Stay tuned with all the developments on Colin Hearon’s website.
- The Inspiring Limitations of the Korg Volca Beats There’s a certain sweet spot with gear that represents the ideal convergence of usable options, and ease of playability. Too often in software, the gear is skewed towards presenting the […]
- Win Your Very Own Vintage Memorymoog Plus Synth The Bob Moog Foundation has recently announced its Fall Raffle with a restored vintage Memorymoog Plus synthesizer as the prize. Known as the instrument of choice for Prince's keyboardist […]
- Genki Instruments Unveils Wave – a MIDI Controller that Shapes Sounds by the Motion of Your Hand With three years of development already behind them, the team at Icelandic startup Genki Instruments have revealed the Wave MIDI controller via an Indiegogo campaign.
Wave is a […]
- Sampleradar Offers 260 ‘Tribal Adventures Samples’ for Free Sometimes you need a very particular type of drum, I'm not talking clean or crisp or snappy or tight. I mean big, boomy and powerful. But finding a nice fat tom sample can be hard, […]
- Watch Ruben Neeson Perform Moonlit Spell Live at Enmore Singer songwriter Ruben Neeson was recently welcomed to the Live at Enmore studio. Keeping it stripped back, he delivered a chilling performance of his latest single, Moonlit […]
- Get Ready to Get Wonky With 269 Free Glitch Samples It's wonky, it's weird, it's glitch. Always near the forefront of electronic experimentation, glitch music has spread its branches into uncharted territories over the past few years. From […]