Thousands of dollars? Millions? It’s anyone’s guess as to how much this original Roland TR-909 will go for, given that it was the very machine operated by Thomas Bangalter of Daft Punk.
The sale was announced on Facebook last week, along with the caption “needless to say, it’s a collector’s item, so it’s impossible to set a price. We will sell it to the highest bidder.”
How much would you shell out for Thomas Bangalter’s original TR-909? We’re betting this one will hit six figures.
Daft Punk’s tune Revolution 909 off their 1997 debut album Homework was instrumental in the drum machine’s worldwide popularity. Almost completely composed from 909 beats, it remains one of the greatest gear demos the world has ever heard.
Bangalter’s TR-909 comes loaded with the original presets set for the song. Hear the demo in this video.
Via Fact Mag.
- Roland Cloud Add Exclusive TR-808 And TR-909 Software Instruments Roland Virtual Sonics have announced official software instruments for the eminent TR-808 and TR-909 Rhythm Composers, to be available exclusively through Roland Cloud.
The software […]
- Celebrate 808 Day With This New Look At The Drum Machine’s 2015 Documentary It's August 8th... which means it's 808 day; a whole day for gear heads from all over the world to celebrate the legendary Roland TR-808 drum machine.
Today, in celebration of this […]
- Red Bull Music Academy and Tatsuya Takahashi Launch Electronic Music Tutorial Series Red Bull Music Academy and former Korg Chief Engineer, Tatsuya Takahashi have teamed up to launch a new video series titled First Patch, an "educational series designed to give you the […]
- Check Out a Full List of the Gear Daft Punk Used to Record Homework Despite quickly shooting to world fame in the late '90s after releasing their iconic debut album Homework, Daft Punk have spent their careers shrouded in mystery. Of course their […]
- Roland Announce Hugely Versatile SRX KEYBOARDS Soft Synth For Roland Cloud Roland have announced the new SRX KEYBOARDS software synthesiser for Roland Cloud.
SRX KEYBOARDS is an authentic virtual recreation of an early-2000s SRX expansion board, which was […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]