Thousands of dollars? Millions? It’s anyone’s guess as to how much this original Roland TR-909 will go for, given that it was the very machine operated by Thomas Bangalter of Daft Punk.
The sale was announced on Facebook last week, along with the caption “needless to say, it’s a collector’s item, so it’s impossible to set a price. We will sell it to the highest bidder.”
How much would you shell out for Thomas Bangalter’s original TR-909? We’re betting this one will hit six figures.
Daft Punk’s tune Revolution 909 off their 1997 debut album Homework was instrumental in the drum machine’s worldwide popularity. Almost completely composed from 909 beats, it remains one of the greatest gear demos the world has ever heard.
Bangalter’s TR-909 comes loaded with the original presets set for the song. Hear the demo in this video.
Via Fact Mag.
- Roland Cloud Add Exclusive TR-808 And TR-909 Software Instruments Roland Virtual Sonics have announced official software instruments for the eminent TR-808 and TR-909 Rhythm Composers, to be available exclusively through Roland Cloud.
The software […]
- The Masterful Musical Thievery of Daft Punk Sampling in music has always had a bad rap. From plagiarism claims to mistaken original sources, there are a plethora of things that can and probably will go wrong when using someone […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]
- The Inspiring Limitations of the Korg Volca Beats There’s a certain sweet spot with gear that represents the ideal convergence of usable options, and ease of playability. Too often in software, the gear is skewed towards presenting the […]
- Here Are The Best Selling Synthesisers And Drum Machines Of 2017 What was the best selling synthesiser or drum machine of 2017? If you're interested in what the rest of the world are buying, this one's for you.
The good people of Reverb.com have put […]
- Roland Add a TR-808 and SH-101 Models to their Boutique Range One of the worst kept secrets has been confirmed, Roland have revealed a new TR-808 and SH-101 to compliment their range of Boutique synth and drum machine emulations.
Hot on […]