This weekend’s Melbourne Guitar Show is highlighting the latest and greatest in guitar paraphernalia. The event will showcase the newest electric and acoustic models as well as the most innovative amplifier, pedal and accessory releases on the market.
Each year Melbourne’s Caulfield Racecourse is transformed into what the organisers call “Australia’s biggest guitar pop-up shop”. Guitarists and gearheads from around the country make their way down for the event in hopes of being the first to try out the guitaring worlds best.
If you’re heading south this weekend, check out the Melbourne Guitar Show. Packed with the latest from Fender, BOSS and featuring a host of live performances.
This year’s show will feature products from major guitar brands such as Fender, Roland/BOSS, Line 6 and Yamaha. Those of the four-stringed variety will find interest in the shows extensive bass exhibit – The Bass Centre. Those looking for even more variety will be caught by the range of handcrafted cigar box guitars found at the Avocet Exhibit this year.
As well as the amazing exhibits the show hosts an array of live demonstrations, Q&A sessions and most importantly live performances. Last year’s performances featured the likes of indie rockers Bec Sandridge and Rackett. Similarly, international icons Keith Merrow and Dennis Jones will grace the stage this alongside local talent Ash Grunwald and Sarah McLeod.
To scoop up some last-minute tickets visit the website here.
- Transparent Tone: Joe Bonamassa Unveils See-Through Fender Twin American blues guitarist, Joe Bonamassa has just revealed an almost completely transparent Fender Twin guitar amp made of Lucite.
In the post made on Instagram, the amp is pictured […]
- Sound for the Pictures: A Focus on Music Music undeniably colours the way we feel about film and television. It’s the unspoken and effective link between the action on screen and the conveyance of emotions and plot. And though […]
- Understanding the Channel Strip Part II: Equalisation In the first article of this series, we discovered the purpose and functionality of the preamp. Although preamps can leave an indelible impression on the sound of a signal, that’s not its […]
- How Dick Dale Teamed Up with Fender to Create a Sound Like No Other Dick Dale, who was most famous for pioneering surf rock, has died at the age of 81. He had a unique approach to guitar technique and paved the way for sonic innovators of the […]
- The Empirical Labs Distressor: A Modern Master of Dynamics The classic image of the studio involves bar-fridge sized racks, crammed with outboard gear, with the expensive front panels looking up to greet you, inviting you to patch them in. There's […]
- Behringer Announce Legendary Synth Developer to Join Team Not long after announcing their KORG MS-20 clone, the K-2, Behringer have revealed that renowned synth developer Hiroaki Nishijima will be joining their team.
The announcement is timely […]