This weekend’s Melbourne Guitar Show is highlighting the latest and greatest in guitar paraphernalia. The event will showcase the newest electric and acoustic models as well as the most innovative amplifier, pedal and accessory releases on the market.
Each year Melbourne’s Caulfield Racecourse is transformed into what the organisers call “Australia’s biggest guitar pop-up shop”. Guitarists and gearheads from around the country make their way down for the event in hopes of being the first to try out the guitaring worlds best.
If you’re heading south this weekend, check out the Melbourne Guitar Show. Packed with the latest from Fender, BOSS and featuring a host of live performances.
This year’s show will feature products from major guitar brands such as Fender, Roland/BOSS, Line 6 and Yamaha. Those of the four-stringed variety will find interest in the shows extensive bass exhibit – The Bass Centre. Those looking for even more variety will be caught by the range of handcrafted cigar box guitars found at the Avocet Exhibit this year.
As well as the amazing exhibits the show hosts an array of live demonstrations, Q&A sessions and most importantly live performances. Last year’s performances featured the likes of indie rockers Bec Sandridge and Rackett. Similarly, international icons Keith Merrow and Dennis Jones will grace the stage this alongside local talent Ash Grunwald and Sarah McLeod.
To scoop up some last-minute tickets visit the website here.
- Transparent Tone: Joe Bonamassa Unveils See-Through Fender Twin American blues guitarist, Joe Bonamassa has just revealed an almost completely transparent Fender Twin guitar amp made of Lucite.
In the post made on Instagram, the amp is pictured […]
- Sax Anywhere With Roland’s Versatile New Aerophone Go It might look like an alien ray gun, but Roland's new Aerophone Go offers saxophone playability with digital versatility.
Are you a Sax player who's sick of changing reeds? Roland's […]
- Meet the MBS-100 Monosynth – Inspired by the Synths of the Soviet Era The MBS-100 from AVP is a digital-analog hybrid synth that shares the characteristics of the Soviet era synths like the Aelita and Polivoks.
Need some Soviet era synth […]
- AudioThing Unveils the Reels Lo-Fi Tape Emulation Plugin If you want to maintain a pristine sound, you've come to the wrong place. The Reels plugin by AudioThing celebrates the imperfect tones of a flea market tape recorder.
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- Tone Lab Dishes Up a Mini Synth Design with Stackable Sound Modules Tone Lab, a device from the mind of industrial designer, Colin Hearon, simplifies the concept of modular synthesis. With sound units that you stack on, it's designed to offer up a friendly […]