In the lead-up to International Women’s Day 2018, local Sydney guitar workshop Salt Mine Repairs has launched a GoFundMe fundraiser to help raise money for Girls Rock! – a rock ‘n’ roll camp aimed at inspiring female, trans and non-binary youth by amplifying their voices through music education and performance.
Local Sydney guitar workshop Salt Mine repairs is offering free servicing this International Women’s Day, and they’ve launched a GoFunMe campaign to help raise money for Girls Rock! Sydney.
The funds raised will go towards gear for Girls Rock! Sydney camp attendees, including picks, strings, straps, cables and instruments.
In conjunction with International Women’s Day (March 8th), Salt Mine will also be offering free instrument servicing, re-stringing and set-ups for all girls, trans and non-binary customers from Thursday to Saturday (March 8th-10th).
Check out and donate to the GoFundMe campaign here, and read our recent interview with Matt from Salt Mine here.
You can get in touch with Matt here.
- Stevie Nicks, Kimbra and More Donate to Girls Rock Reverb Gives Auction A host of artists, including Joan Jett, Tash Sultana, Cat Power, Billie Eilish and dozens more are donating a range of products to support the Girls Rock Reverb Gives auction. The proceeds […]
- Play a Modular Synth in Virtual Reality With ‘Synthmulator’ The crazy world of virtual reality, a place where you can live out your wildest dreams, taking on extreme sports, exploring the world and now... tinkering with a modular synthesiser. […]
- Using the Universal Audio 6176 in a Digital Workflow Most studio pros will be be aware of the Universal Audio 610 preamp and 1176 compressor. Combined, they make the 6176: a channel strip with the features of both devices in one elegant box. […]
- Supro Reissues 1961 Dual Tone Played By David Bowie Here's something for all you dedicated Bowie fans. Supro this week revealed a reissue of their 1961 Dual Tone, which was one of two models favoured by David Bowie during his […]
- Sampling the Sounds of the Barbershop with an Elektron Digitakt Youtuber Dave Mech has created a track that shows off the sampling chops of the Elektron Digitakt. The video takes us through barbershop field recording, sample manipulation and […]
- The Unlikely Hero of the Groove: the Höfner 500/1 Violin Bass On paper, the Höfner 500/1 Violin Bass shouldn't have been popular. For example, why would an instrument that most closely resembles the highest pitch member of the string family be a […]