In the lead-up to International Women’s Day 2018, local Sydney guitar workshop Salt Mine Repairs has launched a GoFundMe fundraiser to help raise money for Girls Rock! – a rock ‘n’ roll camp aimed at inspiring female, trans and non-binary youth by amplifying their voices through music education and performance.
Local Sydney guitar workshop Salt Mine repairs is offering free servicing this International Women’s Day, and they’ve launched a GoFunMe campaign to help raise money for Girls Rock! Sydney.
The funds raised will go towards gear for Girls Rock! Sydney camp attendees, including picks, strings, straps, cables and instruments.
In conjunction with International Women’s Day (March 8th), Salt Mine will also be offering free instrument servicing, re-stringing and set-ups for all girls, trans and non-binary customers from Thursday to Saturday (March 8th-10th).
Check out and donate to the GoFundMe campaign here, and read our recent interview with Matt from Salt Mine here.
You can get in touch with Matt here.
- Make it Monday from Mojotone: A Must See for DIY Guitar and Amp Repair Amplifier builders and guitar parts suppliers Mojotone have just launched their first in a series of tutorials titled "Make It Monday". The series aims to educate anyone interested in DIY […]
- Remembering Three Forgotten Vintage Australian Amp Manufacturers of the 60s Australia is rarely associated in reverence with the production of guitar amplifiers. That torch is held by the UK and the US, and has been for decades. The monolithic rise of pop music in […]
- This World-Class Music College Is Offering a Synth Programming Course For Free If you're sick of wading through hours of YouTube tutorials trying to get your head around how to program soft synths, then this will be right up your alley. Berklee College of Music, via […]
- The Man From The Mines: A Chat With Matt Bulluss from Saltmine Repairs The Saltmine is a sprawling guitar workshop perched above Oxford Street in Sydney, run by the magnetic Matt Bulluss, and shared with fellow gear artisans, Earthling Designs and Bondi […]
- Chatting Boutique Pedals and Running a DIY Operation with Jon Ashley of Bondi Effects Co-run by Jon and Anna Ashley, Bondi Effects has quickly cemented a place for itself at the crux of the boutique pedal market. After jumping from DIY robotics to tinkering with custom […]
- Engineering The Sound: Bloc Party’s ‘Silent Alarm’ Formed in 2003, Bloc Party originally consisted of singer and rhythm guitarist Kele Okereke, lead guitarist Russell Lissack and bassist Gordon Moakes, with drummer Matt Tong joining soon […]