In the lead-up to International Women’s Day 2018, local Sydney guitar workshop Salt Mine Repairs has launched a GoFundMe fundraiser to help raise money for Girls Rock! – a rock ‘n’ roll camp aimed at inspiring female, trans and non-binary youth by amplifying their voices through music education and performance.
Local Sydney guitar workshop Salt Mine repairs is offering free servicing this International Women’s Day, and they’ve launched a GoFunMe campaign to help raise money for Girls Rock! Sydney.
The funds raised will go towards gear for Girls Rock! Sydney camp attendees, including picks, strings, straps, cables and instruments.
In conjunction with International Women’s Day (March 8th), Salt Mine will also be offering free instrument servicing, re-stringing and set-ups for all girls, trans and non-binary customers from Thursday to Saturday (March 8th-10th).
Check out and donate to the GoFundMe campaign here, and read our recent interview with Matt from Salt Mine here.
You can get in touch with Matt here.
- Make it Monday from Mojotone: A Must See for DIY Guitar and Amp Repair Amplifier builders and guitar parts suppliers Mojotone have just launched their first in a series of tutorials titled "Make It Monday". The series aims to educate anyone interested in DIY […]
- The Man From The Mines: A Chat With Matt Bulluss from Saltmine Repairs The Saltmine is a sprawling guitar workshop perched above Oxford Street in Sydney, run by the magnetic Matt Bulluss, and shared with fellow gear artisans, Earthling Designs and Bondi […]
- Loog Launches Educational Guitars for Youngsters on Kickstarter Loog has just announced the release of their new guitar range to Kickstarter in their fourth company campaign. In 2011, the original Loog Guitar launched via Kickstarter, raising $65,618 […]
- Dinosaur Jr’s Camp Will Feature a Q&A with Kevin Shields and J Mascis In July, Dinosaur Jr is putting on Camp Fuzz. It's a full blown rock and roll camp that will feature interviews, clinics, live performances and more. Surely one of the drawcards for the […]
- Half of New Guitarists Identify as Women, Finds Study By Fender Findings from a study by Fender released on Tuesday have revealed that women account for 50% of all "beginner and aspirational players." Fender worked with the consulting agency, Egg […]
- How Matt Bellamy Tours with an Arturia Prophet V Inside his Guitar Ever wonder how Matt Bellamy pulls of his incredible, very non-guitar tones when on stage with Muse? It could have something to do with the synth crammed into his axe.
We all know by […]