Musikmesse is back for 2018! With this iconic event comes a swag of innovative new gear like the Valkyrie virtual analog synth.
A synth that takes sound design to a new level: the Valkyrie from Exodus Digital dishes up ten oscillators per voice and connectivity to fit into any setup.
The synth features 128 voices, which can be doubled to 20 by combining voices. There’s also two wavetable oscillators, which offers 4,096 looped waveforms, and a nine-module effects unit which provides for endless complexity in tone sculpting.
The synth also has four stereo 32-bit, 96kHz outputs with MIDI capabilities for integration with controllers and DAW systems.
The clean and well-thought-out user interface is provides for tactile use, with a high-resolution OLED display. There is also a companion editor/librarian application for Windows and Mac.
Availability and pricing for the Valkyrie is yet to be announced.
- Roland Adds the Legendary TB-303 to Their Cloud Suite Happy 303 day! To celebrate, Roland have welcomed the icon of acid to their growing family of software instruments, the TB-303.
March 3 (303 day) seems as apt a time as any to […]
- Introducing the Ruokangas Valvebucker, the World’s First Tube Driven Pickup It's not every day in the world of gear that we come across something completely innovative, however, Finnish Luthiers Ruokangas can safely say that they have started something new. The […]
- Foo Fighters’ Chris Shiflett Is Auctioning Off His Personal Guitar Collection Longtime lead guitarist of Foo Fighters, Chris Shiflett, has announced that he'll be auctioning off twenty of his own guitars through Reverb.
"I have an excess of guitars that I’ve […]
- Spitfire Audio LABS Launches Scary Strings Free Sample Library Scary Strings is the latest in Spitfire Audio's LABS series. It's a curated set of haunting string textures and as always with LABS, it's free.
Scary Strings is Spitfire Audio's […]
- For Guitars on the Move: BOSS Unveil The World’s First Wireless Amplifier The battery-powered Katana-Air amplifier from BOSS, teamed up with a custom wireless transmitter, offers guitar players the jam without any cables.
The BOSS Katana-Air Guitar […]
- Burls Art Makes a Telecaster From 1200 Coloured Pencils Youtuber and 'pencil luthier' Burls Art has made a bit of a name for himself for making creations with strange materials, like a snowboard made from duct tape or a Stratocaster built from […]