Musikmesse is back for 2018! With this iconic event comes a swag of innovative new gear like the Valkyrie virtual analog synth.
A synth that takes sound design to a new level: the Valkyrie from Exodus Digital dishes up ten oscillators per voice and connectivity to fit into any setup.
The synth features 128 voices, which can be doubled to 20 by combining voices. There’s also two wavetable oscillators, which offers 4,096 looped waveforms, and a nine-module effects unit which provides for endless complexity in tone sculpting.
The synth also has four stereo 32-bit, 96kHz outputs with MIDI capabilities for integration with controllers and DAW systems.
The clean and well-thought-out user interface is provides for tactile use, with a high-resolution OLED display. There is also a companion editor/librarian application for Windows and Mac.
Availability and pricing for the Valkyrie is yet to be announced.
- Roland Adds the Legendary TB-303 to Their Cloud Suite Happy 303 day! To celebrate, Roland have welcomed the icon of acid to their growing family of software instruments, the TB-303.
March 3 (303 day) seems as apt a time as any to […]
- Waldorf Announces the Kyra FPGA Powered Synth The Valkyrie virtual analog synth landed at Musikmesse earlier this year. It has since found a manufacturing partner in Waldorf and will be called the Kyra.
Waldorf have […]
- Tone Lab Dishes Up a Mini Synth Design with Stackable Sound Modules Tone Lab, a device from the mind of industrial designer, Colin Hearon, simplifies the concept of modular synthesis. With sound units that you stack on, it's designed to offer up a friendly […]
- Arturia Announces the MicroFreak Compact Synth Arturia have just announced the imminent availability of their latest piece of synth hardware: the MicroFreak. It packs a punch that belies its size, with a unique sound engine and a […]
- Meet Xerxes – Black Corporation’s Polyphonic Powerhouse Making its debut at this year's NAMM show, Xerxes by Black Corporation is an 8 voice, polyphonic synthesizer. Inspired by the Elka Synthex from the early 1980s, its design and vast sonic […]
- Full Bucket Music Unleashes the ModulAir Free Soft Synth Developer Full Bucket Music has released a beta version of the ModulAir soft synth. It has a fully modular architecture, with up to 64 voices of polyphony. It's also free to […]