The NFM synth for iPad is the latest creation from Sydney based developer Nikolozi Meladze.
The NFM synth brings the unique qualities of FM synthesis to your iPad in an intuitive and slick user interface.
The FM synth is a particular flavour indeed. Frequency Modulation (FM for short) synths gained prominence in the 1980’s with the Yamaha DX7, with its digital precision making it the go to for piercing leads, ethereal pads and bass lines that have real cut through.
NFM can be used as an audio unit extension inside iOS sequencers like Cubasis, Auria Pro and Garageband to mention a few.
Synths like the DX7 were notoriously difficult to program (people are actually creating ways to make it easier), but the NFM’s interface gives the user easy access to the envelope parameters, pitch envelopes and built in effects distortion, delay and flanger.
The ease of use shouldn’t detract from the synth’s depth however, and FM enthusiasts will be buoyed by the ability to fully customise FM algorithms, which is central to capturing the FM synth character.
The NFM is available now through the app store.
- The World’s First Electro Mechanical Synth – the Motor Synth Gamechanger Audio has developed the world's first electro-mechanical desktop synth. They're calling it the Motor Synth and they're launching an indiegogo campaign to fund its […]
- New iOS App Lets You Loop, Sample and Manipulate Field Recordings on the Fly From the sampling of a Zippo lighter in Sting's 1992 hit It’s Probably Me, to sampling the sounds of clinking spoons in Maggie Rogers' single Dog Years, musicians have been sampling […]
- Electro-Harmonix Have Released Their Beefed Up Grand Canyon Delay & Looper Early last year, Electro-Harmonix released a brand new compact delay and looper pedal, the Canyon, which was quickly picked up as one of the finest new delays at its price range on the […]
- Google Unveils NSynth Super: An Open-Source Controller for Playing a Synth Algorithm Magenta, a research team at Google, have built a machine-learning algorithm for creating new sounds, NSynth, as well as a controller for combining those sounds, NSynth […]
- Celebrate 808 Day With This New Look At The Drum Machine’s 2015 Documentary It's August 8th... which means it's 808 day; a whole day for gear heads from all over the world to celebrate the legendary Roland TR-808 drum machine.
Today, in celebration of this […]
- The Supa-Trem Jr. Tremolo Pedal is the Latest Incarnation of a Classic Fulltone have announced the release of the Supa-Trem Jr. tremolo pedal, which will replace the archetypal Supa-Trem 1. Sporting a swag of new features, it's the smaller, smarter brother of […]