Many have cried out for an update to the “trash can” for years. It’s finally set to drop. At its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC 2019), the new Mac Pro was announced.
Cutting edge specs with a “Back to the Future” twist. The new Mac Pro has just been announced at WWDC 2019.
Firstly, the trash can’s external enclosure is now a thing of the past. This makes the new Pro resemble the even older “cheese grater” tower. With a more traditional setup, internal PCI slots are now back on the menu.
This means it can be loaded with up to six Avid HD cards, which will provide extended track counts and more grunt for Pro Tools users.
Of course, the headline figure is that core count. With up to 28 available in its Intel Xeon CPU, processing power is seemingly unlimited. The catch, as is always the case with Apple, is that you’ll be forking out plenty, with the base model coming in at $5,999 US.
Stay tuned to Apple for the updates.
- Surgical EQ and Dynamics Across the Spectrum: Sonnox Release the Oxford Dynamic EQ for VST, AU, & AAX Oxford Dynamic EQ is the latest release from Sonnox, a plugin maker famed for creating powerful and innovative sound processing software.
Sonnox release the Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in […]
- Native Instruments Dishes Up the Dirt with the Crush Pack Plugin Suite Hot on the heels of the Mod Pack effect series, Native Instruments have delivered Crush Pack: a tri-flavoured collection that covers a wide, distorted landscape.
Who doesn't […]
- Capitol Chambers is Now Part of the UAD Plugin Family In terms of recognition, Capitol Studios in Los Angeles is right up there with Abbey Road. Central to the unique character of this hallowed studio are the four echo chambers underneath the […]
- Need 2,000 Tracks? The New Version of Logic Has You Covered Sure it's a bit of a facetious headline, but in the workflow of the modern media composer, or music producer, track counts can really add up. Though there have always been workarounds, […]
- Lightning Fast DAWs: Intel Announce Their New Ultra-Powerful X Series Processors Sure, maybe not a sexy as an announcement of a new line of analog synths, or sensational as a suite of game-changing plugins, but the unveiling of a new collection of processors from Intel […]
- Compression Made Minimal: Meet the Korvpressor Plugin Swedish plugin master Klevgrand have released the latest version of the Korvpressor. It's a piece of software that eschews the retro trend, favouring an elegant, easy to understand […]