Happy Birthday to the microKORG! The virtual analogue synthesiser was released a whopping 15 years ago this week, but what’s most remarkable is that this bad boy is still in production as of 2017.
When it was released (and practically every year since), this machine has enjoyed unending popularity. In fact, many attribute it’s success as a major factor for the wide range of mini-key synths we have on offer today.
Happy Birthday to the wonderful microKORG, the virtual analogue synthesiser which has now spent 15 years in the sun.
The microKORG was launched at Summer NAMM Nashville and BMF London in 2002. Today it’s estimated that there are over 100,000 of these synths in studios, homes and stages all over the world.
A basic, affordable and nicely sized unit with enough nooks and crannies to please a high-end user, a key factor in the microKORG’s success definitely lies in its wide appeal.
Happy birthday, little buddy!
- Korg Announce The Prologue: New Flagship Analogue Synth With Limitless Customisation Korg has had us swimming in announcements over the past two days, but perhaps the most exciting is the announcement of a new flagship analogue synth; the Prologue.
Somewhat of a bigger […]
- Korg Admits Tuning Issues With Their Prologue 8 and Prologue 16 Synths Korg has recently confirmed that there are tuning issues with their brand-new Prologue series. Users have complained that while repeatedly hitting a note the tuning can sometimes bend up […]
- Download 100 Free ARP Odyssey Synth Patches With KORG’s Own Guide If you're a muso who's been driven mad by the lack of savable patches on the reissued Korg ARP Odyssey, this one is for you.
Korg themselves are responsible for a new patchbook […]
- Know Your Maker: 5 Albums Recorded Exclusively On Korg Synths A recent study proved that playing with fewer toys led to improved focus and heightened creativity. Admittedly, that study was conducted on toddlers, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't […]
- The Inspiring Limitations of the Korg Volca Beats There’s a certain sweet spot with gear that represents the ideal convergence of usable options, and ease of playability. Too often in software, the gear is skewed towards presenting the […]
- Moog unveils Subsequent 37 CV at Moogfest 2017, limited to only 2000 pieces worldwide With Moogfest 2017 beginning today, reports are rushing in of new synths, award recipients, performer reviews and everything in between.
Today the latest invention from the legendary […]