Few monsters have taken hold in our collective imagination like Godzilla. Fortunately, ESP and Japanese rock legend, Takamizawa Toshihiko have made the connection between this legendary figure of apocalyptic destruction and electric guitar making. Meet the limited edition Godzilla electric guitar.
This astounding axe was just announced, featuring an alder body, three-piece hard maple neck and an ebony fingerboard. Other features include Floyd Rose bridge, glowing purple and red LEDs and a single EMG85 pickup. What this adds up to is a true monster of a machine.
The bizarre new collaboration between ESP guitars and Japanese rock idol Takamizawa Toshihiko brings forward the limited edition Godzilla electric guitar.
At this rate, we would advise saving your coins in case of a surprise King-Kong model release tomorrow. Although the Godzilla vs. King Kong guitar battles would probably be worth it at a staggering $77,000 AUD this may one for the wishlist.
This horrifying axe was designed to commemorate the 65th birthday of the monster that stomped the streets of Tokyo. For those who wish to get a piece of history, you better get in quick, as the run of only five guitars gives “limited edition” a new meaning.
Those looking to check it out or possibly pick one up can do so here.
- Watch YouTuber Rob Scallon Demo the ‘Guitendo’ It's time to scratch up on the Super Mario Theme, because you can now buy a guitar that doubles up as a functioning Nintendo console, courtesy of the Echo Canyon Guitar Company. YouTube […]
- Make Your Ears Bleed With This 38 Fret Soprano Guitar
Kevin from Said Too Much Productions has created a fretboard extension that takes his guitar into soprano territory. Let's just say the results may make your ears bleed.
- The Fender Meteora HH, New From an Alternate Reality Near You Fender's has released its latest dimension hopping guitar, the Fender Meteora HH, the latest in the quirky-but-cool Alternate Reality Series. The new design builds on Fender's new Meteora […]
- Morifone Guitars Releases the Quarzo Standard Electric Guitar Morifone has just unveiled the Quarzo Standard electric guitar. It wears its influences on its sleeve, but is striking enough to carve out its own path.
The Quarzo Standard is the latest […]
- Supro Reissues 1961 Dual Tone Played By David Bowie Here's something for all you dedicated Bowie fans. Supro this week revealed a reissue of their 1961 Dual Tone, which was one of two models favoured by David Bowie during his […]
- Epiphone Have Just Unveiled The Cheapest Les Paul Ever Released So far, Summer NAMM has seen a slew of amazing new gear announced to the public. Just last week Fender announced four new signature models, including a George Harrison Telecaster, Jimi […]