From the mind of Oregon based software engineer, Bob Miller, the Deep Synth takes the unforgettable THX “Deep Note” and turns it into an ingenious synth.
The epic swarm of the THX Deep Note at your fingertips. Meet Bob Miller’s Deep Synth – a crazy little synth that’s designed to run on a hand-held game console.
The THX Deep Note hit the cinemas in the 80s, blasting audiences with a swirling crescendo of tone clusters at the beginning of the movie.
Deep Synth was conceived by Miller with the aim of playing melodies using the Deep Note. It features 32 oscillators, random pan, with each note spanning five to six octaves.
For a double nostagia hit, the synth is played via the 1Bitsy 1UP, which has the retro style of the original Nintendo Game Boy.
Read the fascinating account of how the synth was created on Miller’s github page.
- Warbly Fuzz-Drunk Guitars: Pedal Talk With Green Buzzard Space Man Rodeo is the new mini-album from Sydney's Green Buzzard, a fuzz-drunk melange of warbly guitars and 90s guitar-pop melodies. The mastermind behind the music, Paddy Harrowsmith, […]
- Retro Synth Ads That Border On The Ridiculous And The Sublime We've already covered some awesome vintage instrument ads from the 60s. Now it's time to fast-forward a few decades to a time that the fine line between ridiculous and ingenious were […]
- Electro-Harmonix Announces 3 New Dirt Pedals in Time For Christmas Christmas is coming and Electro-Harmonix has surely been getting ready with the launch of three new pedals, the Sovtek Deluxe Big Muff Pi, Nano Battalion and Flatiron Fuzz. This new range […]
- Spitfire Audio Unveils the Choir Free Virtual Instrument Choir is the latest release from Spitfire Audio's LABS collection of free virtual instruments. The sample library was recorded by the Eric Whitacre Singers at London's Air […]
- UVI Release Nostalgic New Sample Collection: Toy Suite Software instrument developer UVI have just announced Toy Suite, a collection of over 370 acoustic and electric toy instruments.
Featuring more than 70,000 samples, the collection even […]
- Unheard Radiohead cassette demo sells for an unbelievable £6,000 A vintage Radiohead cassette demo from the band's school days, recorded between 1987-88, has sold for a cool £6,000 at auction.
Featuring unheard tracks and a handwritten note from the […]