Roland’s Space Echo is one of the most loved of all delays, but we haven’t yet seen a compact version of the effect. Until now. An imgur user by the name of Tubes99 has created a pretty nifty photoshop mockup of a Boss ‘RE-2W’ that offers all the sought after features of the original Space Echo in a pedal-board friendly enclosure.
Roland’s RE-200 Space Echo is one of the most cherished delay sounds of all time, but Boss hasn’t yet created a compact version…
The Roland Space Echo was released in the 1970s and used tape reels to create its signature atmospheric delay sounds. Boss went on to recreate the effect in 2007 with the Roland RE-20, a favourite of Radiohead guitarist Thom Yorke. More recently Boss has included Space Echo settings in its DD-500 digital delay, but the company is yet to create a compact version of the effect.
Tubes99’s mockup of the Boss RE-2W is super detailed and damn believable, featuring controls for tape head settings, modulation control and a short hold function that induces tape warble or two-second hold for tap-tempo functionality.
The design includes stereo input and outputs and even an expression pedal input. It’s a great looking design, but for now it remains only that. Let’s just hope that Boss takes notice!
- Make it Monday from Mojotone: A Must See for DIY Guitar and Amp Repair Amplifier builders and guitar parts suppliers Mojotone have just launched their first in a series of tutorials titled "Make It Monday". The series aims to educate anyone interested in DIY […]
- David Gilmour Details his Favourite Guitars in New Podcast David Gilmour, singer, songwriter and guitar demigod of Pink Floyd fame is releasing a series of three podcasts, spilling the beans on his favourite axes. It comes ahead of the June […]
- Behringer Surprises the World with the K-2, a KORG MS-20 Clone Behringer have just announced the K-2 synth, a clone of the legendary KORG MS-20. Known for unveiling products well before their launch, this time around the news comes as a surprise, with […]
- Propellerhead Announce Name Change and Revolutionary Reason 11 Propellerhead has just made three massive announcements, including a Reason 11 DAW update, a plugin version of their Reason Rack, and a company name change to Reason Studios.
Reason 11 […]
- Chandler Unveils the Abbey Road TG Microphone Chandler has just increased their stable of Abbey Road flavoured products with the TG Microphone. It's a large diaphragm condenser that dishes up the flavour of the TG 12410 mastering […]
- Netflix is Rolling Out Improvements to its Audio Quality Netflix is set to improve the quality of the audio on its streaming service. The optimised quality is aimed at viewers with streaming boxes, soundbars and surround sound […]