Roland’s Space Echo is one of the most loved of all delays, but we haven’t yet seen a compact version of the effect. Until now. An imgur user by the name of Tubes99 has created a pretty nifty photoshop mockup of a Boss ‘RE-2W’ that offers all the sought after features of the original Space Echo in a pedal-board friendly enclosure.
Roland’s RE-200 Space Echo is one of the most cherished delay sounds of all time, but Boss hasn’t yet created a compact version…
The Roland Space Echo was released in the 1970s and used tape reels to create its signature atmospheric delay sounds. Boss went on to recreate the effect in 2007 with the Roland RE-20, a favourite of Radiohead guitarist Thom Yorke. More recently Boss has included Space Echo settings in its DD-500 digital delay, but the company is yet to create a compact version of the effect.
Tubes99’s mockup of the Boss RE-2W is super detailed and damn believable, featuring controls for tape head settings, modulation control and a short hold function that induces tape warble or two-second hold for tap-tempo functionality.
The design includes stereo input and outputs and even an expression pedal input. It’s a great looking design, but for now it remains only that. Let’s just hope that Boss takes notice!
- BOSS Announce Special Ltd Edition 40th Anniversary Reissue of Their 3 Original Compact Pedals BOSS are celebrating 40 years at the top of the game of innovative stompbox technology with a limited edition reissue of its first line of compact pedals: the OD–1 Overdrive, PH–1 Phaser, […]
- BOSS Reveal RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation Stompboxes, Twin Successors to the Popular DD-500 Delay There's nothing better to wake up to on a Monday than two dastardly handsome new effects pedals. Introducing the Boss RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation.
The two new stompboxes expand […]
- Explore Glitchy Atmospheres with Remnant from Creative Intent Traditionally, delay comes in a few different colours and across the digital and analog spectrum. Parameters are quite similar, with feedback and delay time chief among them. Remnant, […]
- Chase Bliss Audio Dig Deeper Into Lush Territory With New Warped Vinyl HiFi Chase Bliss Audio have just revealed the new incarnation of their flagship Warped Vinyl chorus/vibrato pedal. The Warped Vinyl HiFi dishes up everything from lush shimmering chorus to […]
- Think Pitch Shifting, With TC Electronic’s Brainwaves When someone says pitch shifter, the first thing to come to mind is probably the Digitech Whammy. It's a classic pedal and other manufacturers have had to try pretty hard compete. Well, it […]
- Electro-Harmonix Have Released Their Beefed Up Grand Canyon Delay & Looper Early last year, Electro-Harmonix released a brand new compact delay and looper pedal, the Canyon, which was quickly picked up as one of the finest new delays at its price range on the […]