Roland’s Space Echo is one of the most loved of all delays, but we haven’t yet seen a compact version of the effect. Until now. An imgur user by the name of Tubes99 has created a pretty nifty photoshop mockup of a Boss ‘RE-2W’ that offers all the sought after features of the original Space Echo in a pedal-board friendly enclosure.
Roland’s RE-200 Space Echo is one of the most cherished delay sounds of all time, but Boss hasn’t yet created a compact version…
The Roland Space Echo was released in the 1970s and used tape reels to create its signature atmospheric delay sounds. Boss went on to recreate the effect in 2007 with the Roland RE-20, a favourite of Radiohead guitarist Thom Yorke. More recently Boss has included Space Echo settings in its DD-500 digital delay, but the company is yet to create a compact version of the effect.
Tubes99’s mockup of the Boss RE-2W is super detailed and damn believable, featuring controls for tape head settings, modulation control and a short hold function that induces tape warble or two-second hold for tap-tempo functionality.
The design includes stereo input and outputs and even an expression pedal input. It’s a great looking design, but for now it remains only that. Let’s just hope that Boss takes notice!
- Walrus Audio Unveils the Emissary Parallel Boost Pedal Walrus Audio have just announced the Emissary Parallel Boost pedal - which delivers two independent circuits of boost - for that all important punch and cut-through in guitar […]
- Native Instruments has Launched the Kontakt 6 Sampler The latest generation of Native Instruments' flagship sampler has arrived. Kontakt 6 showcases an expanded onboard library while evolving as a host for premium third party virtual […]
- Six of Summer NAMM 2018’s Sweetest Stompboxes Every year, the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) organise a trade show for all the gear goodness in the music world, software, hardware, guitars and yes, of course, pedals. […]
- The Empirical Labs Distressor: A Modern Master of Dynamics The classic image of the studio involves bar-fridge sized racks, crammed with outboard gear, with the expensive front panels looking up to greet you, inviting you to patch them in. There's […]
- UK Sound Launches the 276 Dual-Channel Compressor UK Sound, a subsidiary of BAE, has launched the 276 dual-channel mono compressor. If you haven't guessed by the name, it's inspired by one of the giants of the art.
The 276 […]
- The Wurlitzer Electric Piano: A Story of Innovation and Effortless Cool Before the release of their first electric piano, Wurlitzer had, remarkably, been a company for a hundred years. Beginning its life in the American midwest in 1853, the company gained a […]