You gotta be in it to win it. The Bob Moog Foundation raffle is an annual fixture on the music tech calendar. Up for grabs this year are three pristine vintage Moog synthesizers.
Does your studio need an injection of vintage synth magic? Check out the Bob Moog Foundation annual raffle for a chance to win a rare 80’s classic.
The trifecta of synths are fully restored and feature the Memorymoog, the Moog Source and the Moog Rogue.
The Memorymoog (1st prize) is a six voice polyphonic instrument, that has an estimated value of US$7,500. It features three voltage controlled oscillators, with each voice having its own 24dB voltage controlled filter. It’s also been retrofitted with MIDI and sequencer capabilities.
The Moog Source (2nd prize) is a striking 37-key synth, with two oscillators and patch storage. Like the Memorymoog, it possesses a 24dB filter and carries an estimated value of US$2,400.
The Moog Rogue (3rd prize) is a two oscillator monosynth, which has a legendary reputation for massive bass sounds. If you were to buy one these days, it’s estimated to set you back US$2,000.
To buy your raffle ticket, visit the Bob Moog Foundation website.
- Mark Verbos Reflects on Designing Modular Synths Mark Verbos, one the world's eminent modular synth creators has shared his thoughts, and demonstrated one of his rigs, in a video from Red Bull Music Academy.
Modular legend […]
- Moog Unveils the Grandmother Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer Moog is set to debut the Grandmother analog synth at Moogfest 2018. With a semi-modular design and keyboard, it's designed for instant performance, with scope to dive deep into custom […]
- Moog has Unveiled Their New Flagship Synth: the Moog One To say it's been a long wait is an understatement. The Moog One is the company's new flagship product and it's their first new hardware polysynth in a generation.
Moog has reset […]
- Behringer Launches a New Semi Modular Synth: Crave Behringer have been blowing minds across the world of late with their budget friendly clones of immortal synths and drum machines. The Crave semi-modular synth, however, is their latest […]
- The Deep Synth Harnesses the Power of the THX Deep Note From the mind of Oregon based software engineer, Bob Miller, the Deep Synth takes the unforgettable THX "Deep Note" and turns it into an ingenious synth.
The epic swarm of the […]
- Store More Patches on Your DX7 or D-50 with the Hypersynth Hcard Vintage digital synths like the Yamaha DX7 and the Roland D-50 are back in a big way. Despite there popularity, they possess a few shortcomings that limit their usefulness in a modern […]