You gotta be in it to win it. The Bob Moog Foundation raffle is an annual fixture on the music tech calendar. Up for grabs this year are three pristine vintage Moog synthesizers.
Does your studio need an injection of vintage synth magic? Check out the Bob Moog Foundation annual raffle for a chance to win a rare 80’s classic.
The trifecta of synths are fully restored and feature the Memorymoog, the Moog Source and the Moog Rogue.
The Memorymoog (1st prize) is a six voice polyphonic instrument, that has an estimated value of US$7,500. It features three voltage controlled oscillators, with each voice having its own 24dB voltage controlled filter. It’s also been retrofitted with MIDI and sequencer capabilities.
The Moog Source (2nd prize) is a striking 37-key synth, with two oscillators and patch storage. Like the Memorymoog, it possesses a 24dB filter and carries an estimated value of US$2,400.
The Moog Rogue (3rd prize) is a two oscillator monosynth, which has a legendary reputation for massive bass sounds. If you were to buy one these days, it’s estimated to set you back US$2,000.
To buy your raffle ticket, visit the Bob Moog Foundation website.
- Sidechaining for iOS with Pumphouse by Audio Damage Developers Audio Damage have just released Pumphouse, a compressor app designed to maximise the utility of sidechaining for creative effects.
Need creative sidechaining for your […]
- Engineering the Sound: David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ The late seventies was a pivotal time for music. Disco was dominating the charts and punk rock was giving the finger to arena giants. It was, however, a time of change and little by […]
- The Retro Revolver Dual-Channel Tube Compressor Unlocks the Magic of the Beatles Era The Retro Revolver from Retro Instruments is a dual-channel tube based compressor is a modern take on the EMI modded Altec 436 compressor (then rechristened the RS124), which was made […]
- The Sound of Everything: Empress Reveals the Zoia Pedal Which Allows Infinite Creative Possibilites Since the mid-noughties, Empress Effects have forged a stellar reputation through stompbox innovation. With the Zoia, they've shattered the mould, creating a modular product with a matrix […]
- Pinar Toprak’s Captain Marvel Soundtrack Unveiled Captain Marvel, the latest epic in the Marvel series features an equally expansive soundtrack from the mind of Pinar Toprak. The score features all the daring and emotional extremes that […]
- Tone Lab Dishes Up a Mini Synth Design with Stackable Sound Modules Tone Lab, a device from the mind of industrial designer, Colin Hearon, simplifies the concept of modular synthesis. With sound units that you stack on, it's designed to offer up a friendly […]