After a whole ton of hype, Teenage Engineering have finally launched the long-awaited OP-Z. They’ve described it as a multimedia synth and sequencer and it will be available in October.
The wait is over. The much anticipated OP-Z from Teenage Engineering is set to be launched next month. It’s a one-stop shop for composing music, visuals and light shows.
Rumours surrounding the synth’s development have been doing the rounds for a couple of years. The company have humbly apologised for the long wait, claiming that, “we have re-worked and re-thought in absurdum.”
The device packs in a 16 track sequencer, multiple synth engines, beats, samples and effects. What sets it apart is the lighting control (16 lights via DMX) and Unity 3D integration. Theoretically, you can control all aspects of a live show from this diminutive, battery powered unit.
There’s no screen on the OP-Z, so you’ll need to BYO screen in the form of a phone, tablet or computer and use the companion app.
Not surprisingly, pre-orders have been snapped up, but stayed tuned to Teenage Engineering for more developments.
- Teenage Engineering Introduces New Pocket Operators Modular Range Teenage Engineering's Pocket Operators range has provided effective entry-level synthesisers for years, however, last week the company upped the ante with three new modular synthesisers. […]
- Korg Gadget to be Released on the Nintendo Switch Korg's synth-based DAW, Gadget is set for release on the Nintendo Switch, their new flagship console.
Serious music production power on a gaming platform: Korg Gadget is coming […]
- Tim Exile Unveils Endlesss – a Collaborative Jamming App Tim Exile's Endlesss is an app for iOS that enables real time remote collaboration. It's been in development for three years and slated for release later this year.
Tim Exiles's […]
- Gestrument Launches the Gestrument Pro App for iOS Gestrument Pro is an app for iOS from the minds of contemporary-classical composer, Jesper Nordin and iOS developer, Jonatan Liljedahl. It's an enhanced version of their original app from […]
- Connect to your DAW or Stand Alone with the Akai MPK Mini Play Akai Pro has revealed the MPK Mini Play. Yes, it still has regular MIDI control capabilities, but it also stands alone with its own built in sounds.
With or without the […]
- First Audio Demos of Behringer’s RD-808 have Surfaced at Knobcon Behringer's clone of the Roland TR-808, the RD-808 has been creating a buzz ever since the first pictures of the prototype came to light last month. Thanks to a demo at Knobcon, we […]