Sound on Sound has sneakily published a preview of the unannounced Sequential Systems Prophet XL after receiving the exclusive scoop in an interview with the legendary Dave Smith.
The new synthesiser is a stretched out version of the Prophet X, offering 76 keys – perfect for players coming from piano, or those who like to stretch out their scales or sample bays.
David Smith has given an exclusive scoop on the Prophet XL, which is set to feature 76 keys and increased polyphony.
The Prophet XL will offer an all-new 32-voice filter section (as opposed to the standard version’s 16 filters), two of which are paraphonic and more suited to sample work. But don’t worry, if you’ve just bought the Prophet X, Sequential Systems has got you covered. The new 32 voice mode will be offered as a free download. The extra space will definitely make the most of the X’s 150gb sample storage space.
For now, it looks like we’ll all have to wait for the official announcement, so keep your eyes peeled.
For more information take a look at the Sound on Sound website.
- Sequential Officially Announces Their New Flagship Synth, the Prophet XL The legendary Prophet synth designer David Smith, released a sneak preview, earlier this week which left synth-heads frothing at the mouth. Well, grab a napkin and froth no more, because […]
- See the New Dave Smith Instruments Sequential Prophet X in Action Dave Smith Instruments have just put out a video that gives us a sneak peek into the Sequential Prophet X synthesiser.
An enticing video has emerged showing off the […]
- Dave Smith Instruments Release the Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, Fit With New Surprises Dave Smith Instruments have officially released their Prophet Rev2 Desktop Module, a new 16-voice analogue synthesiser.
As proud owners of the keyboard version, this is a pretty damn […]
- Native Instruments has Launched the Kontakt 6 Sampler The latest generation of Native Instruments' flagship sampler has arrived. Kontakt 6 showcases an expanded onboard library while evolving as a host for premium third party virtual […]
- The FB-3200 Emulates a Rare Korg Polysynth and You Can Download It For Free! The PS-3200 was a rare, semi-modular beast that was made by Korg in 1978. Full Bucket Music has paid tribute to the original in the form of the FB-3200, a free VST/AU […]
- Watch This New Documentary on the History of the Prophet Synthesiser For many synthheads, the story of the Prophet is one of the most interesting tales in the world of keys. David Smith began pulling apart and customising Minimoogs in the 1970s, and went on […]