The Secret Life of Synthesisers is a blog dedicated to giving readers a rare in-depth look at the inner workings of classic synths, particularly those that have helped shape electronic music. Run by synthesiser tech and a programmer/performer, its both a useful guide for anyone looking to research classic synths and a gear porn site for the aesthetically-inclined.
Take a photographic journey to the centres of the iconic Minimoog Model D and try to control the urge to take out a loan and hunt one down.
There are heaps of synths to choose from, including a Yamaha CS-80 and a Moog Model 12, with each post containing a trove of images of each machine, inside and out. But while all synths are gorgeous in their own way, you just can’t go past the allure of the iconic Minimoog model D.
Not only are the photos beautiful, showing off rare and classic synths in a way that most people seldom get to see, the blog posts also give an in-depth rundown of the guts, mapping out and describing each component in detail. There is also a handy buying guide at the end of each post and advice on repairs.
Check out the original post here, and take a photographic journey to the centre of a Minimoog Model D below. All photos courtesy of The Secret Life of Synthesisers.
- Meet the Eight Strong “Analog Armada” from TC Electronic, a New Range of Budget Pedals TC Electronic have just announced the "Analog Armada" - a collection of eight, very budget conscious pedals that covers a huge range of classic guitar tones.
Need to stock your […]
- Approaches to Mixing | Musical or Technical? The studio is traditionally regarded as a haven of geekdom. We can analyze sound in every-which-way imaginable. The tools that allow us to do so are now more available than ever, and it’s […]
- Numark Releases Scratch Two Channel Mixer Numark has been pioneering in the mixer department for many years, including the groundbreaking HDCD-1 which was the first DJ playback system with a built-in hard drive. Now the company is […]
- Masters of the Mix – Unsung Heroes of the Recording Studio world We occupy an age where knowledge about the recording studio is abundant. Yet it was a few short decades ago where this was definitely not the case. The pioneers that honed these records […]
- A Guide to Creating Your Own Flavours with Custom Sampler Instruments Are you a musician, producer or composer? Great, so is everyone else. But before you push off on a raft built with the wreckage of your future aspirations, there’s a technique that may […]
- Gibson Pulls Video Threatening Rival Brands After Uproar To call the last couple of years for Gibson a rollercoaster is an understatement. Last year, they stared down the threat of bankruptcy, then kicked off 2019 with a host of new releases, […]