Here’s something for all you dedicated Bowie fans. Supro this week revealed a reissue of their 1961 Dual Tone, which was one of two models favoured by David Bowie during his 2003 Reality album and tour.
Supro has revealed a reissue of their 1961 Dual Tone, which pays tribute to the model David Bowie played on his 2003 Reality album and tour.
The new Dual Tone has a few new tweaks including a mirror-finish Bowie lighting bolt logo on the headstock. The tummycut body is constructed from mahogany and features Bowie’s favoured 12 inch radius pau ferro fretboard set into a 24.75 inch maple neck.
As far as hardware goes, there’s a tune-o-matic bridge, butterfly tulip tuning pegs and period correct Vistatone pickups, as well as the distinctive reverse stair step tailpiece.
Supro states that the first batch of four hundred David Bowie Dual Tones will be released on January 8th, in time for his birthday. Each guitar will be numbered by hand and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Head over to the Supro website for more information.
- Supro Takes Inspiration from the Past with the Tri Tone The new Tri Tone from Supro takes inspiration from rare Supro Triple Tone from 1959. Sixty years after the release of the original art deco masterpiece, the new version features some […]
- Roland and Puma Collaborate Again on New 808 Sneakers Earlier in the year, Roland and Puma teamed up to announce a unique homage to the TR-808, titled the RS-0. Now they've announced another pair of 808 sneakers: the RS-100 […]
- Rhythmic Revolutions, Synths, Sequencers & Pedals: The Astounding Legacy of Roland Founder Ikutaro Kakehashi Passing away this April, Japanese audio pioneer Ikutaro Kakehashi left behind him a staggering legacy of classic musical inventions and technological advancements. The man behind Roland […]
- Teenage Engineering is Working on Playdate – a Handheld Gaming System Teenage Engineering is famous for lending it's unique talents to a range of collaborative efforts. This time, they're teaming up with software developers, Panic, to create […]
- Get Soundtoys Little Plate Reverb for Free Until November 22 Plugin developers Soundtoys have dropped a new device on the market, the Little Plate reverb, which marks their first entry into dedicated reverb plugins. Best of all, it's free for a […]
- Moog Have Slyly Been Posting Exceptional Tutorials for the Mother-32 Last year Moog released the Mother-32, an analogue synthesiser marketed as a semi-modular beast which packed a punch for its size.
Garnering unanimously great reviews in the wake of its […]