Here’s something for all you dedicated Bowie fans. Supro this week revealed a reissue of their 1961 Dual Tone, which was one of two models favoured by David Bowie during his 2003 Reality album and tour.
Supro has revealed a reissue of their 1961 Dual Tone, which pays tribute to the model David Bowie played on his 2003 Reality album and tour.
The new Dual Tone has a few new tweaks including a mirror-finish Bowie lighting bolt logo on the headstock. The tummycut body is constructed from mahogany and features Bowie’s favoured 12 inch radius pau ferro fretboard set into a 24.75 inch maple neck.
As far as hardware goes, there’s a tune-o-matic bridge, butterfly tulip tuning pegs and period correct Vistatone pickups, as well as the distinctive reverse stair step tailpiece.
Supro states that the first batch of four hundred David Bowie Dual Tones will be released on January 8th, in time for his birthday. Each guitar will be numbered by hand and comes with a certificate of authenticity.
Head over to the Supro website for more information.
- Engineering the Sound: Placebo’s ‘Without You I’m Nothing’ In ye olde days of the late ‘90s, a little trio called Placebo burst onto the English rock music scene in a storm of androgyny, unrepentant queer sexuality, and equally unrepentant […]
- Count Your Chips! Epiphone Updates the Casino and Casino Coupe Epiphone has breathed some new life into their timeless Casino and revived the Casino Coupe.
Epiphone has updated the Casino and revived Casino Coupe, guitars loved by the greats and […]
- Gibson Reveal New Range of Limited Edition Custom Shop and Ultima Guitars Gibson have had absolutely massive week, announcing two new model lines, with additions to the Ultima range of guitars, and a new selection of Custom Shop Les Paul Specials.
Gibson have […]
- Fender Launches the Troublemaker Tele: A Tribute to the Les Paul Fender have just released the latest in their line of Parallel Universe electric guitars - the Troublemaker Tele. Interestingly though, it seems to take its cues from that other guitar […]
- Fender Launches the Offset-Body Meteora Into the Parrallel Universe Series Yesterday Fender released what is perhaps the most extreme guitar in their already pretty out-there Parallel Universe Series. The all new body design is dubbed the Fender Meteora and is […]
- David Bowie and Tony Visconti: The Men Who Stole The World "You canny bastard. You're writing a farewell album." *
Tony Visconti started strumming the ukulele at age five, playing the bass guitar in his early teens, and writing arrangements […]