The quest for the ultimate front end tone for guitar has lured many a manufacturer. Now Sunnaudio has thrown their hat in the ring with the Rabbithead RH-1 preamp and overdrive pedal.
Front end punch for guitar and bass, whether on stage or in the studio. Say hello to Sunnaudio’s Rabbithead RH-1 preamp and overdrive.
The comprehensive front panel of the stompbox includes controls for volume, mix (for dialling a variety of clean and overdriven configurations), alongside bass and treble EQ knobs.
There are also two independent outputs, which includes an amp simulator option (which can still be used when the pedal is in bypass mode).
On top of the sound shaping options available in the preamp section, two overdrive flavours, including Sunnaudio’s own “Rabid” grizzled distortion mode is on hand.
Interestingly, the “focus” control shapes the EQ contour to scoop out midrange, or even add a subharmonic bump to the signal when switched to the left.
Turned to the right, however, and the mid range cut is relaxed, offering up more vintage girth and presence.
Visit Sunnaudio for more information.
- Get Authentic Preamp Drive with the Fredric Effects Regent 150 Not too long ago, guitar effects were confined the well known realms of distortion, ambient effects like delay and modulators, like chorus, phase, flange and more. There are now a host of […]
- BOSS Launches Four Next Generation Effects Pedals Over decades of craft and innovation, the name BOSS has become synonymous with the term "stompbox." They have a legacy like no other when it comes to historic pedals, but with their new […]
- Mad Professor Unveils the Supreme Dual Channel Overdrive The Supreme overdrive is collaboration between Mad Professor and British blues virtuoso, Matt Schofield. It eventuated in a pedal that delivers on a variety of tones, combining it with […]
- Nanolog Audio Launches the Carbon Series Line of Pedals Nanolog Audio have taken a scientific approach to the creation of their Carbon Series of distortion stompboxes. Utilising carbon molecules and "quantum tunnelling", they promise to create […]
- Fulltone Launches a Limited Edition Black Finish OCD Drive Pedal Since its release in 2004, the Fulltone OCD has been the go-to overdrive stompbox for guitarists the world over. Now it's been given a fresh makeover, featuring a limited edition all-black […]
- Tape Warmth and Oscillating Delay: Pedal Talk With The Jim Mitchells Last year, The Jim Mitchells came out of nowhere and dropped Planet Absorbed, a flawless 6-track EP full of snappy, whacked-out garage psych tunes.
From the twangy madness of the EP's […]