Vintage digital synths like the Yamaha DX7 and the Roland D-50 are back in a big way. Despite there popularity, they possess a few shortcomings that limit their usefulness in a modern production workflow, patch storage being one of them. Hypersynth have stepped into the breach by creating the Hcard series, which massively expands the memory of these 80s favourites.
One for the digital synth fans: Hypersynth’s Hcard series offers up a huge memory upgrade for the Yamaha DX7, DX7II and the Roland D-50.
The capacity for the original synths was quite limited – one bank of memory containing 32 patches for the DX7, 64 patches for the DX7II and D-50. Memory upgrades were available, but could only double the capacity of the original cards.
The new Hcard replaces the originals with 100 banks of storage, so you can amass a library of thousands of patches.
Visit the Hypersynth website for more information.
- Modal Electronics Launches Argon8 Wavetable Synth Modal Electronics has just announced the Argon8, a wavetable digital synthesizer brimming with features.
The 37-key 8-voice polyphonic synth builds on some of the tech from their […]
- The Roland D-50: How the Analog Masters Conquered the Digital World In case you didn't already know, Roland hit a purple patch in the early '80s. Their Juno series of analog polysynths and groundbreaking drum machines like the TR-808 all hit the streets […]
- Elektron Reveal the Digitone Keys Digital Polysynth Elektron are an industry leader in hardware samplers, drum machines and synths. Up until now, their range has focussed on desktop units. Now, they've taken one of their favourites and made […]
- Meris Reveals the Hedra 3-Voice Rhythmic Pitch Shifter Meris has unveiled the Hedra 3-Voice Rhythmic Pitch Shifter. Yes, the title is a mouthful, but what it essentially does is send guitar (and line level) tone into parallel, pitch shifted […]
- Artificial Noise Debuts Cimmerian Caves V2 Effects Unit Artificial Noise have just announced the second version of their Cimmerian Caves effects unit. It spans tape-like echo, warbly modulation in the form of chorus and vibrato, as well as […]
- Download 100MB of Organic Percussion Samples For Free Producers know you can never have too many samples, especially percussion hits. So when they're free, you tend to download them. Thanks to a generous Reddit user by the name of […]