Thomanns’ new Stompenburg FX allows you to test out the pedals of your dreams in real-time from the comfort of your own home.
Europe’s largest online music store has now granted customers the ability to test out a whopping 150 pedals online and in real-time with their new Stompenburg FX feature.
Not only does it allow customers to try out the pedals from the comfort of their own home, it also enables users to operate their own equipment throughout the test, as well as engage with their pre-recorded loops or create their own.
Now, before you question whether these are just digitally modelled recreations, the team at Thomann took the time to recalibrate and connect the circuits of these pedals to the internet so users could hear and play through a real pedal in real-time online.
They said, “We screwed, soldered, sweated and connected cables so you can test the pedals…”
The easily accessible browser interface allows for the settings on the pedal to be adjusted. It is also equipped with a built-in cabinet simulator, replicating the sounds of an amplifier cabinet, especially ideal for overdrives and distortion.
It is clear that this breakthrough piece of tech is the future in music retail, allowing users to get their virtual hands on some of the hottest pedals from all the major brands and demo to their heart’s content.
Experiment with your favourite pedals here.
- Three New Tracks: We dissect and inspect three recent tracks that have really blown us away Modern music is rubbish, or so the cliché goes.
Sure, we do have our share of mediocre fare clogging up the airwaves in this new millennium - as did every other era, but I digress. Of […]
- Tight Skin, Bits of Tape and Bright Reflections: A Studio Perspective for Tuning Drum Kits Tuning drum kits is, of course, nothing like tuning guitar. But it is, arguably, just as important in the pursuit of a fine recording. The why is easy: a tuned kit will resonate […]
- Programming Announced for Moogfest 2019 Moogfest has announced a host of new performances and programs for the 15th anniversary of their annual festival. Moogfest 2019 will be held in Durham, N.C. from April 25th to the 28th and […]
- Tone Lab Dishes Up a Mini Synth Design with Stackable Sound Modules Tone Lab, a device from the mind of industrial designer, Colin Hearon, simplifies the concept of modular synthesis. With sound units that you stack on, it's designed to offer up a friendly […]
- Origin Effects Launches Two New Studio Grade Compressor Pedals Origin Effects have debuted two new compressor pedals. The SlideRIG Compact Deluxe Mk2 and the Cali 76 Stacked Edition. Both pedals feature two compressors, running in series, to create […]
- The Fender Meteora HH, New From an Alternate Reality Near You Fender's has released its latest dimension hopping guitar, the Fender Meteora HH, the latest in the quirky-but-cool Alternate Reality Series. The new design builds on Fender's new Meteora […]