Thomanns’ new Stompenburg FX allows you to test out the pedals of your dreams in real-time from the comfort of your own home.
Europe’s largest online music store has now granted customers the ability to test out a whopping 150 pedals online and in real-time with their new Stompenburg FX feature.
Not only does it allow customers to try out the pedals from the comfort of their own home, it also enables users to operate their own equipment throughout the test, as well as engage with their pre-recorded loops or create their own.
Now, before you question whether these are just digitally modelled recreations, the team at Thomann took the time to recalibrate and connect the circuits of these pedals to the internet so users could hear and play through a real pedal in real-time online.
They said, “We screwed, soldered, sweated and connected cables so you can test the pedals…”
The easily accessible browser interface allows for the settings on the pedal to be adjusted. It is also equipped with a built-in cabinet simulator, replicating the sounds of an amplifier cabinet, especially ideal for overdrives and distortion.
It is clear that this breakthrough piece of tech is the future in music retail, allowing users to get their virtual hands on some of the hottest pedals from all the major brands and demo to their heart’s content.
Experiment with your favourite pedals here.
- Audio-Technica Reveals Seven New Turntables at CES Audio-Technica have unveiled seven new turntables across three different lines at the massive CES trade show in Las Vegas. The three series include products for DJs, hi-fi fans and entry […]
- Novation Unveil Their New All-Encompassing MIDI Controller, the SL MKIII Novation have unveiled the newest product in their line, the SL MKIII - a fully-featured, all-encompassing MIDI controller.
Novation have unveiled their new all-encompassing MIDI […]
- Behringer Reveals its Latest Clone of a Classic: This Time They’ve Taken on the Sequential Circuits Pro-One Originally from the same era as other archetypal analog monosynths, like the Roland SH-101, the Sequential Circuits Pro-One laid claim to many heavy basslines of the 80s. Behringer have […]
- Learn How to Make a Trap Beat Using Only a KORG MS-20 The MS-20 surely ranks among the most highly prized analog monosynths. In a video from Once Upon a Synth, the vintage beast is given a thorough workout, providing all the sounds for a trap […]
- The Sexiest Air Con Ducts You’ve Ever Seen in a Studio We decided to stop counting the days and weeks a little while ago now. It's probably also best to start thinking about getting a loan or stop counting how much over budget the project has […]
- Sonic Extremists: Why Death By Audio Pedals Are Like Nothing Else Out There With the deluge of boutique pedal builders popping up on what seems to be a monthly basis, wading through the bullshit can be tough. For anyone even vaguely interested in pedals, the […]