Police have recovered a Fender Stratocaster signed by the likes of Gary Moore, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page and others after Moore’s son Jack noticed it on eBay. The Strat was being signed to raise money for The Rainbows Children’s Hospice and went missing while in transit to Mark Knopfler a decade ago.
A stolen Stratocaster signed by 13 legendary guitarists has been found and will now be auctioned, with all proceeds going to the Rainbow Children’s Hospice.
Jack Moore currently runs an online guitar shop and was contacted by a customer concerning a peculiar guitar, a white 60th anniversary Strat with the signatures of 13 legendary guitarists including his late father and Thin Lizzy guitarist, Gary Moore.
Moore recognised his father’s signature, however, he had an inkling that something was a little off, as there was little to no background information about the star-scribbled instrument. After a short enquiry, police were contacted when someone recognised the guitar as stolen goods.
The guitar belonged to Dave Allen, who was thankful for the return and still plans to auction off the axe. The full list of guitarists that have signed the body is: Jimmy Page, Brian May, Pete Townshend, Alice Cooper, Eric Clapton, Albert Lee, Wilko Johnson, Don McLean, Mark Knopfler, Andy Fairweather-Low an, of course, Gary Moore.
The auction will be held through Bonhams and all proceeds will be donated to The Rainbow Children’s Hospice as originally planned.
- Fender Adds Fuzz, Boost and Distortion to its Stable of Pedals Fender have just announced that they'll be increasing their successful family of new stompers by three: say hello to the Pelt Fuzz, Full Moon Distortion and Engager […]
- Bob Dylan’s Fender Telecaster from the “Electric” Tour is Up for Sale The 1965 Fender Telecaster that achieved undying infamy when Bob Dylan went "electric" is set to go under the hammer.
Bob Dylan's "electric" tour was one of the most […]
- Sonic Youth To Auction Off A Bunch of Guitars, Amps, Pedals, Rare Vinyl and Memorabilia Sonic Youth will be auctioning off a load of gear via Reverb this October, including a bunch of guitars, amps and pedals, as well as super rare test pressings and other […]
- Count Your Chips! Epiphone Updates the Casino and Casino Coupe Epiphone has breathed some new life into their timeless Casino and revived the Casino Coupe.
Epiphone has updated the Casino and revived Casino Coupe, guitars loved by the greats and […]
- One of Bob Dylan’s Guitars is Coming Up for Auction For all the Bob Dylan fans with deep pockets: here's your chance to nab a slice of history.
An historically significant guitar from the collection of Bob Dylan is about to be […]
- Prince’s Iconic Yellow Cloud Electric Guitar Has Been Sold for ALOT of Money Prince's famous (and without question, most unique) Yellow Cloud electric guitar went up for auction on May 18. It fetched the extraordinary sum of $225,000.
A truly […]