Spotify has bought out Soundtrap, the free DAW that allows users to make multitrack productions in their browser, FACT Mag reports.
Spotify has acquired Soundtrap, the free online software that facilitates recording, beatmaking and audio editing across multiple platforms.
The browser-based program allows users to build tracks via a vast library of loops and virtual instruments, but can also accomodate external instruments and even use Autotune to manipulate vocal recordings.
The move is set create an additional parallel between Spotify and their main streaming competitor, Apple Music. And while Apple’s Garageband is a long established software, it’s only available on Apple devices.
Visit the website to see what it can do.
- Tracktion Unveils the Free Pro-level T7 DAW Tracktion has announced the release of T7, which offers up support across Mac, Windows and Linux platforms and untold functionality for a free DAW.
Unlimited audio and midi […]
- Get Schooled for a Year by Leading Film Composer Tom Holkenborg Tom Holkenborg (aka Junkie XL) is one of the most in-demand film composers in Hollywood today. With SCORE Academy, he is offering a unique opportunity to be mentored through every aspect […]
- Audioengine launch the powerful and pocket-sized A1 desktop speakers Austin-based speaker manufacturer Audioengine has unveiled the A1 Home Music system, made up of a set of super-compact, Bluetooth desktop speakers.
The A1 is a follow-up to Audioengine's […]
- Propellerhead Releases Reason Compact 2.0 App for Free Reason Compact 2.0 has just been launched by Propellerhead. It improves on the first version, which was released last year, by adding a drum machine and bass synth to the mix.
- Death By Audio Launches the Waveformer Destroyer MK2 Lords of the stompbox, Death By Audio have just released the Waveformer Destroyer MK2. It's one of the most diverse and destructive distortion pedals on the market, with 2,048 possible […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]