Did you know you can spend $2000 on glue in less than a minute? Well you can. This stuff is called Green Glue and it’s the best glue money can buy for acoustic purposes. Well that’s what the brochure says. Today we put in the first layer of yellow tongue on top of the new joists in The Stable, reframed the fire door and put up new ceiling joists as well. All treated hardwood or pine.
Green glue. You can’t actually prove it works but… if there’s an option to improve a space like this then it just feels like it’s worth the investment.
The layers on the floor so far go: Earth, concrete slab, art deco tiles, angel step strips, treated pine joists and spacers where required, sound bar strips along the joists, layer of yellow tongue. That’s just the first floor. There will be another layer and then the final floor finish. By the time we’re done I doubt I’ll even fit in that room. But it will be sound proof.
Thanks again to IYBI for our digital marketing, digital strategy, digital audit and social media marketing – you guys are ace.
- The first lot of Stud Walls are up. Double Gyprock and inside-out frame work The walls in a recording studio are built inside out. That is to say the stud work is on the outside and the Gyprock is facing inwards towards the existing room. Regardless of whether the […]
- Making Good the Floor with Acoustic Caulk Green Glue comes up a fair bit in searches for acoustic caulk however we used a more generic product for edge sealing in the room. The photos may not show it well but the Kauri timber […]
- Sights Set on 1608 Like most things online, if your Google search term isn't quite close enough you get a bit of porn. Such is life. I did a search for 1608 (without the API) and indeed some nudity presented […]
- Day One of Enmore Audio There probably isn't ever really a day one in any project and I know all too well a new recording studio in a city within a world now saturated with home, project and professional […]
- Vocal Booth and Control Room are level while deliveries of rockwool keep arriving This is more or less still week one since hired help arrived to complete the first two rooms of the space. The two rooms, known as The Stable and The Kitchen are now the same level as we […]
- Making Enmore Audio Enmore Audio will eventually be a three room recording facility based in the inner west of Sydney. It will be a small world class facility best suited to small bands and singer / […]