Sono Elements have released the eTron, a virtual instrument that emulates the rare and highly prized sounds of the Mellotron. They’ve also put it within reach of most users, coming in at $19 US.
The sounds of the sixties revisited for the DAW generation: the eTron from Sono Elements packages the lush, choral flavours of the Mellotron in a virtual instrument.
The Mellotron was an unmistakable element of sixties psychedelia, lending its eerie choral tones to many archetypal records of the era.
The key features of the Mellotron are on offer in the eTron too. It features the sounds of flute, brass, cello, woodwinds and choirs alongside some synthetic touches such as the ADSR envelope.
The inclusion of Mellotron-friendly effects like reverb and tremolo add to its ethereal abilities, and users can even dial in some noise (electronic hum, vinyl cracking and tape hiss) if they are especially committed to creating retro soundscapes!
For more info, visit Sono Elements.
- The Mellosound Brings the Classic Charm of the Mellotron to Your Mac The Mellotron was a sampler instrument released in the 1960s, that created ethereal tones and was used and esteemed by the likes of David Bowie, The Beatles and The Moody Blues. Not a bad […]
- Fingerlab Unveils Mellowsound – the Lush, Free Mellotron App Mellowsound - a new app from developers, Fingerlab, captures the luscious tones of the archetypal psychedelic keyboard, the Mellotron. It's free to download, with in-app purchases […]
- Keeley Electronics Announces the DDR Drive, Delay, Reverb Keeley Electronics has launched the ultimate two-for-one deal in pedal form, the DDR Drive, Delay, Reverb. With different voicings for its 'Drive' and 'Wet' channels, the latest from […]
- Pushing The Boundaries of Possibility: Les Paul’s Greatest Recording Innovations Born Lester William Polsfuss in 1915, the artist more widely known as Les Paul is venerated as the godfather of the solid-body electric guitar and figurehead of rock 'n' roll. Yet in truth […]
- Former Levi’s President James Curleigh to be New Gibson CEO Gibson has fallen on tough times as of late, particularly following the recent departure of their embattled former CEO, Henry Juszkiewicz. However, in a press release yesterday, the […]
- Moog Launches the Analog Messenger of Joy: the Sirin Synth Moog has unveiled their latest analog synth: Sirin. It's curiously subtitled "The Analog Messenger of Joy" and based on the legendary Taurus bass sound engine. It reaches well into the […]