Sono Elements has announced the release of the SolinStrings virtual instrument. The soft synth emulates the immortal character of the ARP Solina String Ensemble Synthesizer.
The Solina String Ensemble was a staple of 70s production. Now it lives on in plugin form with the release of the SolinStrings virtual instrument.
The original machine was favoured by the likes of Pink Floyd, The Rolling Stones, Brian Eno, Joy Division and the Cure. And like Sono Elements’ recent homage to the Mellotron, they’ve encapsulated the sound of an era in an easy to use soft synth.
The features include the six original tones, which span brass, woodwind and strings. An ADSR is included for simple refinements of the sound, with tremolo and reverb effects on hand for further sweetening.
It comes as a VST and AU instrument for Windows and Mac and ships for US $19.
Visit the Sono Elements website for more details.
- Watch a ROLI Seaboard Get Cut, Sawed, Sliced and Hammered If you've ever played the curious instrument that is the ROLI Seaboard, you may have wondered a few things about it, like how do you do pitch bends? Why is it so squishy? And what's […]
- Enmore Audio | Mixing Services Enmore Audio is Sydney mixing studio equipped to deliver world-class mixes and mixing services for a range of commercial and artistic purposes. A flexible and creative approach to the mix […]
- MixChecker Pro is a Tool for Analysing Mixes Across a Range of Platforms MixChecker Pro has set out to solve the eternal mix conundrum: how well does my mix translate on different systems? Audified's plugin allow you to hear how your mix will sound on a phone, […]
- Pioneer DJ Releases the Streaming Ready DDJ-200 Controller Pioneer DJ has released a brand new baby controller, the DDJ-200. The new entry level model comes as a further expansion to the company's controller lineup, after the recent release of the […]
- Redesign the Grains of Sound with Portal from Output Granular synthesis can turn out sounds like no other. Breaking down raw audio and redesigning it to make something completely fresh is no doubt fun, but can be difficult.
Portal takes […]
- Engineering the Sound: David Bowie’s ‘Heroes’ The late seventies was a pivotal time for music. Disco was dominating the charts and punk rock was giving the finger to arena giants. It was, however, a time of change and little by […]