Need a new DIY project? Here’s one that actually sounds like a good idea. The Brunswick is a semi-modular synthesiser with a raw, bare-bones finish, offering a single oscillator, multimode filter and a tweakable 24-point patch bay.
With 24 patch bays, and a multimode filter, the stripped back Future Sound Systems Brunswick is the perfect idea for a DIY weekend project.
The Brunswick offers a two-pole multi-mode VCF, single VCO, as well as basic LFO and envelope sections. The 24 point patch-bay allows you to tweak the VCO pitch as well as the envelope gate, amongst other parameters, using 3.5mm mono jacks.
It was originally commissioned as a workshop unit by Bristol Experimental Expanded Film (BEEF). It was designed to be an affordable, no-nonsense synth, perfect for learning the ins and outs of a modular synthesiser.
Future Sound Systems has offered a limited run of the constructed unit through their website, however, a larger run of the DIY kits is available through Thonk.co.uk – for half the price.
For more information take a look at Future Sound System’s website.
- Watch Andy Martin Demo his 7 Favourite Pedals From NAMM Yep, it's NAMM time again. It's basically Christmas for gearheads, especially if you're inclined to a pedal or two. But with hundreds of manufacturers and even more new releases, it's easy […]
- Rolling Stone Recently Published a Sneaky Shot of Kevin Shields’ Pedalboard – It’s a Monster My Bloody Valentine - the brainchild of guitar wizard Kevin Shields - are well known for their epic guitar tones, dripping distortion and ear-splittingly loud live shows.
And a new […]
- Reverb has been Acquired by Etsy for $275 Million Since its birth a mere six years ago, the rise of the music gear focussed marketplace, Reverb, has been nothing short of meteoric. Most readers would have interacted with the site in some […]
- Reason 10 Set to Drop Next Month with New Synths and Samples Propellerhead have just announced the release of Reason 10 - the new version of their popular DAW.
To celebrate Reason 10, the popular DAW comes packed with two new synths, three new […]
- A Synth Love Story: Black Corporation’s Rachael Module After their release of the Deckard's Voice Eurorack module not two weeks ago, Black Corporation has now blessed us with its partner, Rachael. Deckard's Voice was based upon timeless sci-fi […]
- KORG and SEGA Unveil New Synth for Nintendo Switch Korg has teamed up with Japanese tech giants and masterminds behind Sonic the Hedgehog, SEGA and Taito, to work on Gadget 3.0 - a new version of Korg's mobile DAW for Nintendo […]