Need a new DIY project? Here’s one that actually sounds like a good idea. The Brunswick is a semi-modular synthesiser with a raw, bare-bones finish, offering a single oscillator, multimode filter and a tweakable 24-point patch bay.
With 24 patch bays, and a multimode filter, the stripped back Future Sound Systems Brunswick is the perfect idea for a DIY weekend project.
The Brunswick offers a two-pole multi-mode VCF, single VCO, as well as basic LFO and envelope sections. The 24 point patch-bay allows you to tweak the VCO pitch as well as the envelope gate, amongst other parameters, using 3.5mm mono jacks.
It was originally commissioned as a workshop unit by Bristol Experimental Expanded Film (BEEF). It was designed to be an affordable, no-nonsense synth, perfect for learning the ins and outs of a modular synthesiser.
Future Sound Systems has offered a limited run of the constructed unit through their website, however, a larger run of the DIY kits is available through Thonk.co.uk – for half the price.
For more information take a look at Future Sound System’s website.
- Fender Donates 300 Guitars to Disadvantaged Australian Schools Fender Music Australia has donated 300 new acoustic guitars to the nationwide Don't Stop The Music Campaign, an initiative led by Musica Viva, The Salvation Army and The ABC. The campaign […]
- Behringer Tease Plans to Build a $49 Synth The folks over at Behringer are looking to continue their domination of the budget gear market with plans to release a $49 synth, according to founder of the company, Uli […]
- ROLI’s BLOCKS Line Takes a Hands-On Approach to Reinventing MIDI It's not easy to invent a new musical instrument, in fact, it's hard to think of anything that's been particularly groundbreaking this millennium. Perhaps, with the exception of […]
- Dust Off Your Ivory With These Three Free Key Plugins Have you been letting that Midi keyboard go dusty? Well, we might have just the thing for you. Diskpiano, Little Roadey and Padspheres are three free key plugins, ready to overhaul your […]
- Audio-Technica Release New Headphones for Work and Play Audio-Technica have just unveiled two new headphone models: ATH-PRO7X on-ear studio and DJ monitoring headphones and the ATH-ANC700BT headphones with noise-cancelling and […]
- Meet the Tubon: the Bizarre Ancestor of the Keytar The Tubon was the Swedish made forerunner to the quintessential 80s innovation the Keytar. Designed and built by Swedish manufacturer Joh Mustad AB, notable users included Paul McCartney […]