Need a new DIY project? Here’s one that actually sounds like a good idea. The Brunswick is a semi-modular synthesiser with a raw, bare-bones finish, offering a single oscillator, multimode filter and a tweakable 24-point patch bay.
With 24 patch bays, and a multimode filter, the stripped back Future Sound Systems Brunswick is the perfect idea for a DIY weekend project.
The Brunswick offers a two-pole multi-mode VCF, single VCO, as well as basic LFO and envelope sections. The 24 point patch-bay allows you to tweak the VCO pitch as well as the envelope gate, amongst other parameters, using 3.5mm mono jacks.
It was originally commissioned as a workshop unit by Bristol Experimental Expanded Film (BEEF). It was designed to be an affordable, no-nonsense synth, perfect for learning the ins and outs of a modular synthesiser.
Future Sound Systems has offered a limited run of the constructed unit through their website, however, a larger run of the DIY kits is available through Thonk.co.uk – for half the price.
For more information take a look at Future Sound System’s website.
- Getting choppy with the Soundtoys Tremolator Since emerging on the software scene, Soundtoys have been creating sonically fresh and mind-bending sound processing tools for DAW based recording. The company has steadily built a world […]
- Roland Adds the Legendary TB-303 to Their Cloud Suite Happy 303 day! To celebrate, Roland have welcomed the icon of acid to their growing family of software instruments, the TB-303.
March 3 (303 day) seems as apt a time as any to […]
- BOSS Reveal RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation Stompboxes, Twin Successors to the Popular DD-500 Delay There's nothing better to wake up to on a Monday than two dastardly handsome new effects pedals. Introducing the Boss RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation.
The two new stompboxes expand […]
- No More Jacks: Heritage Audio Announces BT-500 Bluetooth Streaming Module Integrating bluetooth devices into a recording or mixing workflow has long since been on the mind of studio professionals. Enter Heritage Audio, who have created the BT-500 module, which […]
- Unlock the Sound of the ’80s with the Deckard’s Voice Module With the increased popularity of Eurorack in the past couple of years, it's no surprise that most synthesizer companies want to get their hands on a piece of the modular pie. As a result, […]
- Play a Modular Synth in Virtual Reality With ‘Synthmulator’ The crazy world of virtual reality, a place where you can live out your wildest dreams, taking on extreme sports, exploring the world and now... tinkering with a modular synthesiser. […]