AIR Studios – the legendary London recording space that was the brainchild of Beatles producer, George Martin, is up for sale. But with around £3 million worth of recording equipment alone, this sale is not for the faint of heart.
Home to some of the most memorable recordings in recent decades, AIR Studios, in London is up for sale. It was set up by Beatles producer, George Martin.
The building itself, Lyndhurst Hall, is a heritage listed converted church. It recently faced existential threat through a dispute with a neighbour, but survived.
The ongoing success of the studio is doubly important, as it plays an integral role in the recording of film scores. AIR and Abbey Road are the only studios in London sizeable enough to house symphony orchestras.
Among the multimillion dollar gear collection is a vintage Neve console that was brought back from AIR Studios in Montserrat, an 80 channel SSL 8000 G and a near mythical microphone collection.
Find out more about the studio here.
- Engineering the Sound: The Beatles’ ‘Abbey Road’ From the oft-imitated zebra crossing cover to the beloved b-side medley, Abbey Road remains one of the most beloved and critically lauded albums by The Beatles.
Since the death of the […]
- SSL Dives Into the World of Reverb with the FlexVerb Plugin Solid State Logic has an unimpeachable pedigree in channel strip, EQ and compression design. Now they've turned their hand to crafting a reverb plugin with the FlexVerb.
SSL is […]
- Meet the SiX Compact Mixer: An SSL for Your Desktop SSL have long been industry leader in studio recording; definitively associated with high end professional craft. As such, they come with hefty price tags.
With the advent of the SiX […]
- Spitfire Audio Unveils the Choir Free Virtual Instrument Choir is the latest release from Spitfire Audio's LABS collection of free virtual instruments. The sample library was recorded by the Eric Whitacre Singers at London's Air […]
- Tape Loops and Studio Abuse: How The Beatles Recorded ‘Tomorrow Never Knows’ Lay down your mind, relax, and float down stream as we take a magical mystery tour through the wildly creative, and innovative engineering behind The Beatles' Tomorrow Never […]
- Spitfire Audio LABS Officially Launches With FREE Soft Piano and Strings Software Instruments The Spitfire Audio LABS program, announced in March, has officially launched. The software is designed to be easy to use, high quality and at a low cost - in fact, it's free!