AIR Studios – the legendary London recording space that was the brainchild of Beatles producer, George Martin, is up for sale. But with around £3 million worth of recording equipment alone, this sale is not for the faint of heart.
Home to some of the most memorable recordings in recent decades, AIR Studios, in London is up for sale. It was set up by Beatles producer, George Martin.
The building itself, Lyndhurst Hall, is a heritage listed converted church. It recently faced existential threat through a dispute with a neighbour, but survived.
The ongoing success of the studio is doubly important, as it plays an integral role in the recording of film scores. AIR and Abbey Road are the only studios in London sizeable enough to house symphony orchestras.
Among the multimillion dollar gear collection is a vintage Neve console that was brought back from AIR Studios in Montserrat, an 80 channel SSL 8000 G and a near mythical microphone collection.
Find out more about the studio here.
- Antares Releases Auto-Tune EFX+ It's the moment all you voice-warbling RnB producers have been waiting for, the release of Antares' Auto-Tune EFX+. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but for some, it's their […]
- Tim Exile Unveils Endlesss – a Collaborative Jamming App Tim Exile's Endlesss is an app for iOS that enables real time remote collaboration. It's been in development for three years and slated for release later this year.
Tim Exiles's […]
- Z. Vex Introduce New Super Duper 2 IN 1, Based off The Doomy Sunn Concert Bass Amp Z. Vex Effects has unveiled the new limited edition Super Duper Concert Bass Mod, attempting to recreate the doomy sound of the legendary Sunn Concert Bass amp.
Thanks to Z. […]
- Grandmaster Flash Wins Sweden’s Polar Prize For DJing Grandmaster Flash has become the first DJ and Rapper to win Sweden's Polar Prize a.k.a 'the Music Nobel Prize'. Previous winners of the prestigious award include Metallica, Led Zeppelin, […]
- Introducing Fender’s New Phil Lynott Precision Bass Recently shown at this year's Summer NAMM show as part of the mid-year Custom Shop collection, the new Phil Lynott Precision bass puts the power of '70s rock in your hands. This feisty new […]
- Understanding the Channel Strip Part II: Equalisation In the first article of this series, we discovered the purpose and functionality of the preamp. Although preamps can leave an indelible impression on the sound of a signal, that’s not its […]