AIR Studios – the legendary London recording space that was the brainchild of Beatles producer, George Martin, is up for sale. But with around £3 million worth of recording equipment alone, this sale is not for the faint of heart.
Home to some of the most memorable recordings in recent decades, AIR Studios, in London is up for sale. It was set up by Beatles producer, George Martin.
The building itself, Lyndhurst Hall, is a heritage listed converted church. It recently faced existential threat through a dispute with a neighbour, but survived.
The ongoing success of the studio is doubly important, as it plays an integral role in the recording of film scores. AIR and Abbey Road are the only studios in London sizeable enough to house symphony orchestras.
Among the multimillion dollar gear collection is a vintage Neve console that was brought back from AIR Studios in Montserrat, an 80 channel SSL 8000 G and a near mythical microphone collection.
Find out more about the studio here.
- Gibson Pulls Video Threatening Rival Brands After Uproar To call the last couple of years for Gibson a rollercoaster is an understatement. Last year, they stared down the threat of bankruptcy, then kicked off 2019 with a host of new releases, […]
- Listen to the First Techno Album Made Entirely by Robots Moritz Simon Geist has just released a techno record made entirely by robots. The builder and musician released the four-track EP on October 12, with the full album to follow in […]
- Kickstarter Campaign Claims to Have Reinvented the Guitar Pick with ‘LEAP’ Bog Street Music, a new company based in Florida, has claimed to have reinvented the guitar pick. The company claims the three-pronged design called the 'LEAP' is “the most comfortable […]
- Masters of the Mix – Unsung Heroes of the Recording Studio world We occupy an age where knowledge about the recording studio is abundant. Yet it was a few short decades ago where this was definitely not the case. The pioneers that honed these records […]
- NPR Releases Step by Step Handbook for Mixing Audio Stories Rob Byers of America's NPR has recently authored the Producer's Handbook to Mixing Audio Stories. It's a step by step guide for mixing sound sources, with a helpful glossary of technical […]
- Arca Creates the Bootup Music for Mega Sg Gaming Console Arca, the Venezuelan electronic artist and producer who's worked with Bjork, Frank Ocean and Kanye West among others, has created the startup music for Mega Sg gaming […]