AIR Studios – the legendary London recording space that was the brainchild of Beatles producer, George Martin, is up for sale. But with around £3 million worth of recording equipment alone, this sale is not for the faint of heart.
Home to some of the most memorable recordings in recent decades, AIR Studios, in London is up for sale. It was set up by Beatles producer, George Martin.
The building itself, Lyndhurst Hall, is a heritage listed converted church. It recently faced existential threat through a dispute with a neighbour, but survived.
The ongoing success of the studio is doubly important, as it plays an integral role in the recording of film scores. AIR and Abbey Road are the only studios in London sizeable enough to house symphony orchestras.
Among the multimillion dollar gear collection is a vintage Neve console that was brought back from AIR Studios in Montserrat, an 80 channel SSL 8000 G and a near mythical microphone collection.
Find out more about the studio here.
- Download 100 Free ARP Odyssey Synth Patches With KORG’s Own Guide If you're a muso who's been driven mad by the lack of savable patches on the reissued Korg ARP Odyssey, this one is for you.
Korg themselves are responsible for a new patchbook […]
- Mobile Music-Making App, Blocs Wave for iOS Is Now Free To Download Mobile music making is easier and more intuitive than ever. At the vanguard of this movement is Blocs Wave for iOS, which is now available for free (though the “slicer” and “audio import” […]
- Build Your Own Reverb with the Hyperspace Plugin Usually when you add reverb to a mix, it's easy to feel locked into a few trusted archetypes - spring tanks, plates and concert halls. Hyperspace is a plugin that transcends those […]
- Strat Stats: Here’s Exactly What Makes A Vintage Stratocaster Valuable, By The Numbers What makes a vintage Stratocaster valuable? Gear marketplace, online publisher and straight-up guitar connoisseurs Reverb have dug deep on their sales data to find out.
The Fender […]
- Mesa Boogie Unveils the Fillmore 100 Watt Guitar Amp Mesa Boogie has just launched an all-valve 100 watt guitar amp, the Fillmore 100. It comes in a combo or amp and cabinet configuration - and don't worry, you can cut down the power if […]
- Watch YouTuber Rob Scallon Demo the ‘Guitendo’ It's time to scratch up on the Super Mario Theme, because you can now buy a guitar that doubles up as a functioning Nintendo console, courtesy of the Echo Canyon Guitar Company. YouTube […]