Like most things online, if your Google search term isn’t quite close enough you get a bit of porn. Such is life. I did a search for 1608 (without the API) and indeed some nudity presented itself. But eventually did steer myself in the right direction and here she is. A fully loaded API 1608 desk. There are a few 16 channel suckers floating around at the moment and it’s a great little market. I’ve done the research and have my sights set on this baby. Not only will it add an infinitely greater flexibility to the tracking side of things, as much as I love the outboard I currently own, it will open up the fire doors of analog summing and juicy move mixing.While my automation skills are pretty cool, there’s nothing quite like moves on the fly. I do it when tracking and I do it when summing from tape. All I need now is a spare $50K and I’ll be doing it all day long! Bring it on.
Because we don’t update this as often as we’d like, it’s worth mentioning we finished the Circle mix for Golden Brown last week and will be posting it shortly. We went for a softer more dynamic master and we like it. Not so pumpy but still very pop.
- Spending $2000 on Green Glue in less than a minute Did you know you can spend $2000 on glue in less than a minute? Well you can. This stuff is called Green Glue and it's the best glue money can buy for acoustic purposes. Well that's what […]
- Recording 101: It’s Not The Size, Its How You Use It Recording music can be heartbreakingly expensive. Now we have that elephant out of the room, we’ve tried to list a few ways to ease this heartbreak. While there seems to be no way to spend […]
- Making Good the Floor with Acoustic Caulk Green Glue comes up a fair bit in searches for acoustic caulk however we used a more generic product for edge sealing in the room. The photos may not show it well but the Kauri timber […]
- Enmore Audio | Mastering Studio Enmore Audio's mastering studio offers a wide range of mastering services and can tailor your master to suit an array of contrasting listening environments. Our control room, “The Kitchen” […]
- Day One of Enmore Audio There probably isn't ever really a day one in any project and I know all too well a new recording studio in a city within a world now saturated with home, project and professional […]
- Creating Audio Loops for Video Games Looping is a vital part in the composition of music for video games. Why? Looping saves space. The concerns of real estate are especially paramount in mobile games, where disk space is […]