Developers Audio Damage have just released Pumphouse, a compressor app designed to maximise the utility of sidechaining for creative effects.
Need creative sidechaining for your productions? Check out the Pumphouse compressor app from Audio Damage.
Sidechaining features in compressors have long been a go-to effect for producers of dance and electronic music. It works by taking a signal from a pulsing instrument, a kick drum for example, then routing it to another instrument in the mix, with a compressor inserted on it, like a synth.
The kick drum pulse activates the compressor and rhythmically suppresses the synth, creating the archetypal “pumping” sound associated with EDM.
The cleverness of Pumphouse is that incorporates a step sequencer, for potentially more complex and interesting rhythmic pumps. Combined with an easy to navigate user interface, it makes it easier than ever to inject sidechaining into your mix.
It works as a plugin with a host of iOS based DAWs and is very welcomely priced at $2.99 on the app store.
- Pedaltrain Tease a Brand New, Very, Very Small Guitar Tuner Pedal Earlier this week Pedaltrain teased a new tuning pedal via a few images on their Instagram account. The new unit is called the Pedaltrain PT-SST Space Saving Tuner and they're not kidding, […]
- Surgical EQ and Dynamics Across the Spectrum: Sonnox Release the Oxford Dynamic EQ for VST, AU, & AAX Oxford Dynamic EQ is the latest release from Sonnox, a plugin maker famed for creating powerful and innovative sound processing software.
Sonnox release the Oxford Dynamic EQ plug-in […]
- Genki Instruments Unveils Wave – a MIDI Controller that Shapes Sounds by the Motion of Your Hand With three years of development already behind them, the team at Icelandic startup Genki Instruments have revealed the Wave MIDI controller via an Indiegogo campaign.
Wave is a […]
- Warmth, Grit and Character: A Brief Look At Recording Keyboards Through Preamps, Reampers and Guitar Amps Tracking keys should be pretty straightforward, right? Well, I guess it is, to the extent that it is a pretty simple process to extract sound from a device that has an audio output. Yet, […]
- In The Studio With Pretty City Tearing Through a Ballsy Cover of T. Rex’s 20th Century Boy A few weeks back we had the legends from DARTS in the studio doing a rendition of The Stone Roses' I Wanna Be Adored - which we caught on camera for your enjoyment - in an ongoing collab […]
- Foo Fighters’ Chris Shiflett Is Auctioning Off His Personal Guitar Collection Longtime lead guitarist of Foo Fighters, Chris Shiflett, has announced that he'll be auctioning off twenty of his own guitars through Reverb.
"I have an excess of guitars that I’ve […]