Californian ribbon mic specialists Royer have just revealed a new model: the R-10.
We always look forward to a new mic from Royer. The R-10 promises to offer the realism and warmth of a ribbon mic at a pocket-friendly price.
The new mic is a passive design and can handles 160dB SPL at 1k – coupled with its inbuilt windshield to reduce plosives, this mic should be able to take a lot more punishment than a typical ribbon.
The David Royer custom designed transformer provides a huge amount of headroom before distortion, making it ideal for capturing louder signals, like brass and big guitar cabinets.
With a retail price of US$499, this handmade mic with such a formidable pedigree is unbelievable value.
Visit the Royer website for more details.
- EssenceFM is Kodamo’s Hardware Synth of the Future FM synthesis has made quite the comeback of late. After the insane popularity of the Yamaha DX7 wained, this distinct digital architecture dipped as well, giving way to the renaissance of […]
- UVI Release Nostalgic New Sample Collection: Toy Suite Software instrument developer UVI have just announced Toy Suite, a collection of over 370 acoustic and electric toy instruments.
Featuring more than 70,000 samples, the collection even […]
- The Myths, Secrets and Stories About Why the Roland TR-808 Sounds the Way it Does Yes, welcome to another article praising the almighty, space age drum machine of all drum machines: the Roland TR-808. We are well aware of the multitude of articles discussing the legacy […]
- Gibson Announce New Signature Billie Joe Armstrong Les Paul Junior Based off the design of their legendary 50s single cut Les Paul Jr, Gibson have announced a new Billie Joe Armstrong signature guitar.
By swapping the standard P90 for a single zebra […]
- Tracktion Unveils the Free Pro-level T7 DAW Tracktion has announced the release of T7, which offers up support across Mac, Windows and Linux platforms and untold functionality for a free DAW.
Unlimited audio and midi […]
- Fender Announces the Britt Daniel Tele Thinline Fender has recently launched a signature model Tele Thinline in honour of Spoon frontman, Britt Daniel. Those familiar with the American indie-rock outfit will know Britt's buttery guitar […]