My Bloody Valentine – the brainchild of guitar wizard Kevin Shields – are well known for their epic guitar tones, dripping distortion and ear-splittingly loud live shows.
And a new photo posted on Rolling Stone Japan has revealed what Shields is using live to make it all happen.
Shoegaze legends My Bloody Valentine have brought huge guitar sounds to the world for decades. A photo of Kevin Shields’ touring rig shows how the magic happens.
At least four separate boards are visible, with the corner of another in the far right – so who knows where it could end.
And of course, there’s a Reddit thread that features plenty of guesses at identifying the stompboxes, along with theories behind the purpose of such a bewildering setup, and how Shields manages to stay on top of it all.
Check it out here.
[via Rolling Stone Japan
- Fender Have Shared a Backstage Peek At Kevin Shields’ Touring Guitar Rig My Bloody Valentine have been surprisingly active of late. They've been touring fairly regularly and playing new songs live, and Kevin Shields has promised a new album very soon. If you've […]
- Tape Machines and Getting Intimate With Electricity: Gear Talk With Raindrop If the band of your dream band sounds something like a cross between the Beatles, the Flaming Lips, and Ariel Pink, then Raindrop are for you.
The solo moniker of Sydney […]
- Dinosaur Jr’s Camp Will Feature a Q&A with Kevin Shields and J Mascis In July, Dinosaur Jr is putting on Camp Fuzz. It's a full blown rock and roll camp that will feature interviews, clinics, live performances and more. Surely one of the drawcards for the […]
- Take a Peek at Jagwar Ma’s Live Setup Backstage at Dark Mofo A couple of weeks back in June, Red Bull Music returned to Hobart as part of Dark Mofo for the fourth year in a row where they hosted a massive party featuring Jagwar Ma alongside Tornado […]
- Listen to Kevin Shields Talk About How The Fender Jazzmaster Shaped His Sound Kevin Shields' guitar work with My Bloody Valentine is some of the most virtuosic of the last few decades. Characterised by apocalyptic levels of fuzz and distortion and ghostly modulating […]
- EarthQuaker Devices Launches the Aqueduct Vibrato Pedal EarthQuaker Devices, makers of Mac DeMarco's favourite new pedal, have just announced the release of their newest stompbox, the Aqueduct vibrato.
EarthQuaker Devices have been […]