The idiosyncratic D-70 synth has been released by Roland in a software format.
The 64 patch beast is sample from the original released in 1990 and is available on Roland’s subscription-based cloud service.
Roland are offering their D-70 synth VST/AU plug-in via their Roland Cloud subscription service.
The D-70 was one of the first synths to combine sample playback, digital synthesis and on-board effects and was the next in line from the D-50, which is also available on the Roland cloud service.
These and others – like the Jupiter 8, SH 101 and the Juno 106, which all came out earlier this year – are available on the Roland cloud for $19.95 a month.
If you haven’t heard of the Roland Cloud yet, we’re not surprised – it launched only a few months ago and is still in its beta stage. However, the service is progressing rapidly.
If you want to give these classic synths a try you can sign up for a free one-month trial as part of the early access beta program. Find out more on the Roland Cloud site.
Keep your eyes peeled for more classic synths being added to the Roland cloud.
- Roland Are Now Offering Jupiter-8 & Juno-106 VST/AU Plug-Ins via Cloud Subscription Service You can now download official Roland VST/AU plug-ins for their classic Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 synths via their Roland Cloud subscription service.
Roland are offering classic Jupiter-8 […]
- The Legendary Roland JX-3P is Now Available as a VST on Roland’s Cloud The Roland JX-3P was big in the '80s, as big as the hair. An old unit, however, is going to be a little impractical today, the hair too. The JX-3P was geared towards the user who wanted […]
- Roland Announce Hugely Versatile SRX KEYBOARDS Soft Synth For Roland Cloud Roland have announced the new SRX KEYBOARDS software synthesiser for Roland Cloud.
SRX KEYBOARDS is an authentic virtual recreation of an early-2000s SRX expansion board, which was […]
- Native Instruments Launch Enormous, Subscription-Based Sample Database Depending on your style, the act of hunting for samples might be your supreme happy place or a pit of despair. The sources to rip samples from are as numerous as the samples themselves, […]
- Roland Cloud Add Exclusive TR-808 And TR-909 Software Instruments Roland Virtual Sonics have announced official software instruments for the eminent TR-808 and TR-909 Rhythm Composers, to be available exclusively through Roland Cloud.
The software […]
- Full Bucket Music Unleashes the ModulAir Free Soft Synth Developer Full Bucket Music has released a beta version of the ModulAir soft synth. It has a fully modular architecture, with up to 64 voices of polyphony. It's also free to […]