It must be the season for unlikely collaborations. This time, its Roland and Puma with the release of the TR-808 sneakers.
These beats are made for walking: Roland and Puma team up to deliver the TR-808 in the form of a pair of kicks.
As you might imagine, the shoes reflect the subtle yet iconic warm colour scheme of the drum machine. Their other unique beatmaking capabilities are as yet unclear, but if you’re a fiend for 80s nostalgia these might be for you.
As reported by CDM reports, the RS-0 is a reissue of the Puma RS (Running System) line that was released in the 1980s. Naturally, they’re black with the iconic 808 red-yellow-orange colour scheme down the time, plus the “Rhythm Controller” text on the heel.
If this is your dig, keep an eye out for more info on when they will be released, and how much they will set you back.
- Roland and Puma Collaborate Again on New 808 Sneakers Earlier in the year, Roland and Puma teamed up to announce a unique homage to the TR-808, titled the RS-0. Now they've announced another pair of 808 sneakers: the RS-100 […]
- Behringer Reveal the RD-909: Their Clone of Roland’s Iconic TR-909 As September 9 came close, everyone could predict at least one thing - that Behringer would do something special. The RD-909 is Behringer's nod to Roland's eternally tasteful groovebox, […]
- NuDrum is an Online Polyrhythmic, Polymetric Drum Machine NuDrum, from developer Nicola Bombaci, is an online drum machine, with sounds not unlike many others. What sets it apart however, is that it gives you the ability to create organised chaos […]
- Thomas Bangalter’s Original Roland TR-909 Is On Sale Featuring Daft Punk’s Homework-Era Presets Thousands of dollars? Millions? It's anyone's guess as to how much this original Roland TR-909 will go for, given that it was the very machine operated by Thomas Bangalter of Daft […]
- Uli Behringer Announces 2019 Release of the RD-909 Roland Clone Behringer CEO, Uli Behringer has announced that the highly anticipated RD-909 Rhythm Designer will drop early next year. The new unit aims to emulate Roland's classic TR-909 Rhythm […]
- Is Behringer About to Release the MS-101 in Homage to Roland? In a stunt that is true to form of late for Behringer, they've mysteriously left a photo on their facebook page of someone toting what looks to be a Roland SH-101 clone, labelled […]