It must be the season for unlikely collaborations. This time, its Roland and Puma with the release of the TR-808 sneakers.
These beats are made for walking: Roland and Puma team up to deliver the TR-808 in the form of a pair of kicks.
As you might imagine, the shoes reflect the subtle yet iconic warm colour scheme of the drum machine. Their other unique beatmaking capabilities are as yet unclear, but if you’re a fiend for 80s nostalgia these might be for you.
As reported by CDM reports, the RS-0 is a reissue of the Puma RS (Running System) line that was released in the 1980s. Naturally, they’re black with the iconic 808 red-yellow-orange colour scheme down the time, plus the “Rhythm Controller” text on the heel.
If this is your dig, keep an eye out for more info on when they will be released, and how much they will set you back.
- Improvised Sets And The Magic of Analog Synths: Gear Talk With Donny Benét Donny Benét is a simple man, unperturbed by the pace of the world around him. He calls himself a luddite when it comes to making music, an assertion that few musicians in his realm […]
- How to Practise Safe Sampling With Abid Hussain Abid Hussain is a man of many talents, not only is he a successful corporate lawyer, he also has 25 years of experience producing EDM and Alternative Rock and is a certified Ableton Live […]
- The PortaFm Dishes Up 80s Keyboard Nostalgia in Spades Developed by Plogue, the PortaFM emulates the eccentric and lo-fi mini FM keyboards and keytars of the 80s. It recreates this sonic signature, however, in an easy to modify virtual […]
- Gobs of Fuzz and a Ressurected Phaser: Pedal Talk With Psychedelic Porn Crumpets There is no shortage of ace psych bands in Perth. Yes, it's home to Tame Impala, POND etc, but these bands are at the vanguard of a much bigger scene. Amongst, this bustling sonic […]
- iZotope Launches the Neutron 3 Mixing Plugin Suite iZotope has just launched Neutron 3. It's a set of plugins that aims to bring your mixing workflow into the 21st century, with six modules and a host of new features.
Neutron 3 is the […]
- Six of Summer NAMM 2018’s Sweetest Stompboxes Every year, the National Association of Music Merchants (NAMM) organise a trade show for all the gear goodness in the music world, software, hardware, guitars and yes, of course, pedals. […]