RØDE have just announced the imminent release of the NT-SF1 surround sound microphone, which captures audio in a 360-degree field.
Meeting the need to capture ambisonic audio, the SoundField by RØDE NT-SF1 captures audio in a 360-degree spectrum with high-end condenser quality.
RØDE acquired SoundField with the goal of producing microphones that capture high-quality ambisonic fields. The microphone features RØDE’s new and pristine 1/2 inch TF45C capsules in a tetrahedral array.
It produces four-channel A-format recordings, which can be translated into B-format recordings, via a soon to be released companion SoundField by RØDE plug-in.
The mic is perfectly placed to be a key tool in the burgeoning world of 3D soundscapes, virtual reality, gaming and more.
The NT-SF1 is slated to come in under USD $1000.
Visit RØDE for more details.
- Spending $2000 on Green Glue in less than a minute Did you know you can spend $2000 on glue in less than a minute? Well you can. This stuff is called Green Glue and it's the best glue money can buy for acoustic purposes. Well that's what […]
- The Strymon Flint: A Definitive History of Tremolo and Reverb in Pedal Form For the lovers of vintage guitar tones, the combination of reverb and tremolo surely ranks highly among the “must have” effects chains. The spring reverb and tremolo built into the classic […]
- Gobs of Fuzz and a Ressurected Phaser: Pedal Talk With Psychedelic Porn Crumpets There is no shortage of ace psych bands in Perth. Yes, it's home to Tame Impala, POND etc, but these bands are at the vanguard of a much bigger scene. Amongst, this bustling sonic […]
- YouTuber is on a Quest to Nail Guitar World’s Top 100 Solos Kelly Dean Allen is a man on a mission. He's dared to go where others fear to tread, by climbing the Mount Everest of guitar-based challenges. He's out to demolish Guitar World's top 100 […]
- Project Studio Essentials Part II: The Audio Interface Of all the pieces of gear that needs to be acquired for a functional project studio, the microphone - covered in the first article of this series - is perhaps the most straightforward. […]
- Keeping It Pure & a Mysterious Gretsch: Talking ‘Hope Downs’ With Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever "The idea in this song is that we might be lonely, but we could be lonely together." That's Joe White, guitarist and vocalist of Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, talking about their single […]