Not every new invention in the world of gear has screens, sliders and dozen shiny knobs. In fact, some are very simple solutions to very real problems that don’t even cost half your paycheck, which is nice for a change. Rockboard’s new LED dampers are a perfect example.
Not all inventions in the world of gear are high-tech units that cost half your paycheck and Rockboard’s new LED Dampers are a good example of just that.
We’ve all got that one pedal that is way too bright, you push the switch tentatively with your foot, bracing for the onslaught of brightness that you know is coming. It can be super disorientating, especially when playing in the dark. Wouldn’t it be great if that light was just a little more muted? Well, enter LED Dampers, they’re a simple invention and are essentially defractive caps that sit over the LED lights on pedals.
They’re basically inexpensive small plastic domes with an adhesive that Rockboard claim “defracts the light of LEDs, so the pedal’s status is still clearly visible in broad daylight as well as in the dark.”
How very nifty.
LED dampers also come in two sizes so you should be able to find a fit. If your pedalboard blinds you and you need some shade, head over to Rockboard’s website.
- Create Sonic Ruins with the Absolute Destruction Fuzz from Death By Audio Boutique pedalmakers Death By Audio have just released their newest creation, the Absolute Destruction.
A pedal that has little to no respect for what instruments actually […]
- Warbly Fuzz-Drunk Guitars: Pedal Talk With Green Buzzard Space Man Rodeo is the new mini-album from Sydney's Green Buzzard, a fuzz-drunk melange of warbly guitars and 90s guitar-pop melodies. The mastermind behind the music, Paddy Harrowsmith, […]
- Alpha Omicron brings Beautifully Brutal Distortion to the Bass Finnish pedal masters Darkglass Electronics have just released the Alpha Omicron - the little brother of the Alpha Omega, which was developed with help from Jon Stockman of Karnivool […]
- ZVEX Reveal the Psychedelic Vibrophase Vibrato and Phaser Inspired by their utterly unique Candela Vibrophase (yes, it's actually powered by a candle), ZVEX have just unveiled the Vibrophase stompbox.
The quintessential sound of psychedelia: […]
- Pedaltrain Tease a Brand New, Very, Very Small Guitar Tuner Pedal Earlier this week Pedaltrain teased a new tuning pedal via a few images on their Instagram account. The new unit is called the Pedaltrain PT-SST Space Saving Tuner and they're not kidding, […]
- Keeley Unleashes the Retro Super Germanium Overdrive Pedal Oklahoma pedal masters, Keeley Electronics, have released the Retro Super Germanium Phat Mod. Ostensibly a distortion box, it covers everything from subtle drive to all-out fuzz, with a […]