Audio gear, it may not be as sexy as a new Fender, but when it comes to laying down a track, it’s just as important. Of course, professional producers and hobbyists alike are aware of the importance of a good interface or microphone, but what are they actually using? Well, the folks over at Reverb have put together a list of the best selling Pro Audio Gear of 2018.
So what was the best selling microphone? Take a guess…
Microphones, interfaces and modules are the tools that turn sound into songs, but what’s everyone actually using? To help answer that, Reverb has compiled a list of 2018’s best sellers.
If you guessed the Shure SM57, you’d be right, but don’t expect any sort of medal for picking that one. Also predictably, the Shure SM58 came in second place. Sennheiser was also well represented in the top 10, with their versatile workhorse, the e906 taking fourth spot.
On the interface side, the much-lauded Universal Audio Apollo Twin took the top spot, before almost every variety in Focusrite’s popular Scarlett range, starting with the 2i2. Finally, Rupert Neve Designs Portico 511 took out the top spot for modules.
All results were based on new and used sales combined, however, as Reverb states “these numbers reflect both new and used sales in combination, but generally speaking, the rankings are quite similar when splitting the figures out for sales for just used or brand-new sales.”
Reverb has also put together a list for best-selling pedals as well as synths and drum-machines for 2018.
- Reverb has been Acquired by Etsy for $275 Million Since its birth a mere six years ago, the rise of the music gear focussed marketplace, Reverb, has been nothing short of meteoric. Most readers would have interacted with the site in some […]
- Modal Electronics Announces the New CRAFTsynth v2.0 UK synth manufacturer Modal Electronics has introduced the latest in its line of CRAFTsynth instruments. The new CRAFTsynth v2.0 is battery powered and packs eight oscillators and a huge […]
- Think Pitch Shifting, With TC Electronic’s Brainwaves When someone says pitch shifter, the first thing to come to mind is probably the Digitech Whammy. It's a classic pedal and other manufacturers have had to try pretty hard compete. Well, it […]
- Native Instruments Releases the Free Traktor DJ 2 App Native Instruments have just unveiled the Traktor DJ 2 app. It's compatible with desktop and iPad, integrates with SoundCloud Go and free to download.
Traktor 2 is the latest DJ app […]
- Tight Skin, Bits of Tape and Bright Reflections: A Studio Perspective for Tuning Drum Kits Tuning drum kits is, of course, nothing like tuning guitar. But it is, arguably, just as important in the pursuit of a fine recording. The why is easy: a tuned kit will resonate […]
- An Idiot’s Guide to Choosing the Right Fuzz Pedal Are you an idiot? Check. Have you been looking to add some fuzz to your setup? Cool, say no more.
Most would consider fuzz to be the granddaddy of grit. It is one of the oldest and most […]