Pedal effects, the little magic boxes packed with big sounds that we just can’t get enough of. Last week Reverb weighed in on the best-selling synths and drum machines of 2018, this week they’ve checked the data and compiled a list of the best selling pedals.
Wondering what that heavy square box is under the Christmas tree? Here’s what it’s likely to be according to Reverb’s best selling pedals list.
In Reverb’s article, they compiled a list of both ‘Overall Best Sellers’ as well as ‘Best-Selling 2018 Releases’. TC Electronic performed well across the board, taking out the top two spots in the ‘Overall’ category, with the Hall of Fame coming in first (no surprises there) and TC Electronic Ditto Looper second, with the MXR Carbon Copy following in third.
The ‘New Release’ side was interesting, with the Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb coming in first and the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb in second. The world of effects is a dynamic place and it will be particularly interesting to watch how these two new reverbs perform next year, and if they’ll challenge the ever-dominant artist favourite, TC’s Hall of Fame.
“If you look at the best-selling pedals from 2017, the overall top performers haven’t changed a whole lot. Stalwarts like the TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb and Ditto Looper continue their reign of dominance in their respective categories, while the small-format tone shapers like the Xotic SP Compressor and EP Booster continue to sell quite well,” stated Reverb.
- Behringer Tease Plans to Build a $49 Synth The folks over at Behringer are looking to continue their domination of the budget gear market with plans to release a $49 synth, according to founder of the company, Uli […]
- Get Your Spook On With This Rendition of John Carpenters ‘Halloween’ Theme Performed on an OP-1 In the spirit of the Halloween season, Tribrix has put a cover of John Carpenter's Halloween Theme, performed on Teenage Engineering's OP-1.
The Halloween Theme by John Carpenter has […]
- The Undisputed Champ of the Preamp: the Neve 1073 For the average civilian, the quality of mic preamps is probably not a concern. Even for most musicians who are au fait with the studio, they’re hardly the sexiest component of the signal […]
- Audio-Technica Set the Wireless Benchmark With New ATH-S200BT Headphones Audio-Technica have just launched their brand new ATH-S200BT on-ear wireless headphones.
Audio-Technica are nothing less than pioneers in the field of sound tech, creating benchmark […]
- Behringer Set to Move ARP Odyssey Clone into Production Behringer are set to move their clone of the ARP Odyssey duophonic analog synth into production. Considering the stunning sonic results (and price tag) of their Model D tribute, maybe it's […]
- 8-bit Game Boy Sounds Galore: Super Audio Boy for Kontakt Is Now Free Yep, chiptune is pretty addictive, so why not get it for free? Impact Soundworks has generously offered Super Audio Boy - a Kontakt instrument that has faithfully sampled the original […]