Pedal effects, the little magic boxes packed with big sounds that we just can’t get enough of. Last week Reverb weighed in on the best-selling synths and drum machines of 2018, this week they’ve checked the data and compiled a list of the best selling pedals.
Wondering what that heavy square box is under the Christmas tree? Here’s what it’s likely to be according to Reverb’s best selling pedals list.
In Reverb’s article, they compiled a list of both ‘Overall Best Sellers’ as well as ‘Best-Selling 2018 Releases’. TC Electronic performed well across the board, taking out the top two spots in the ‘Overall’ category, with the Hall of Fame coming in first (no surprises there) and TC Electronic Ditto Looper second, with the MXR Carbon Copy following in third.
The ‘New Release’ side was interesting, with the Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb coming in first and the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb in second. The world of effects is a dynamic place and it will be particularly interesting to watch how these two new reverbs perform next year, and if they’ll challenge the ever-dominant artist favourite, TC’s Hall of Fame.
“If you look at the best-selling pedals from 2017, the overall top performers haven’t changed a whole lot. Stalwarts like the TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb and Ditto Looper continue their reign of dominance in their respective categories, while the small-format tone shapers like the Xotic SP Compressor and EP Booster continue to sell quite well,” stated Reverb.
- Mood Lets You Explore Micro Loops and Alternate Dimensions Is it a delay? Is it a looper? Well, it seems to fulfil both roles and then some. Mood from Chase Bliss Audio uses two channels to its advantage, by bouncing audio back and forth between […]
- Psychedelic Swirl in Three Colours: Native Instruments Reveals the Mod Pack Effects Series Native Instruments, the company best-known for the clever integration of virtual instruments and hardware have dived into the field of modulation effects with the release of the Mod Pack […]
- We Are All Children: The Innocent Magic of The Schoenhut Toy Piano Childhood is often conflated into a few overwhelming memories that form a kind-of distant, draping, impression. The way foresight tends to accumulate sensations rather than events, lends […]
- Product Design Engineer Amos Gaynes Holds Moog One Reddit AMA Another day, another scoop from Moog on their flagship Moog One Polysynth. If the hype is anything to go off, this unit will probably go down in the history books. Moog product design […]
- Engineering the Sound: MGMT’s ‘Oracular Spectacular’ In 2002, freshmen Ben Goldwasser and Andrew Vanwyngarden met at a university in Connecticut and formed what we now know to be MGMT, driven by no other ambition than “hanging out” and […]
- Watch an Incredibly Detailed 1-Hour Presentation from DOOM Composer Mick Gordon This one's a little old, but we've just stumbled across a killer video presentation of composer Mick Gordon outlining the way he tackled his soundtrack to 2016 video game DOOM.
It's a […]