Pedal effects, the little magic boxes packed with big sounds that we just can’t get enough of. Last week Reverb weighed in on the best-selling synths and drum machines of 2018, this week they’ve checked the data and compiled a list of the best selling pedals.
Wondering what that heavy square box is under the Christmas tree? Here’s what it’s likely to be according to Reverb’s best selling pedals list.
In Reverb’s article, they compiled a list of both ‘Overall Best Sellers’ as well as ‘Best-Selling 2018 Releases’. TC Electronic performed well across the board, taking out the top two spots in the ‘Overall’ category, with the Hall of Fame coming in first (no surprises there) and TC Electronic Ditto Looper second, with the MXR Carbon Copy following in third.
The ‘New Release’ side was interesting, with the Walrus Audio Fathom Multi-Function Reverb coming in first and the Electro-Harmonix Oceans 11 Reverb in second. The world of effects is a dynamic place and it will be particularly interesting to watch how these two new reverbs perform next year, and if they’ll challenge the ever-dominant artist favourite, TC’s Hall of Fame.
“If you look at the best-selling pedals from 2017, the overall top performers haven’t changed a whole lot. Stalwarts like the TC Electronic Hall of Fame Reverb and Ditto Looper continue their reign of dominance in their respective categories, while the small-format tone shapers like the Xotic SP Compressor and EP Booster continue to sell quite well,” stated Reverb.
- New iOS App Lets You Loop, Sample and Manipulate Field Recordings on the Fly From the sampling of a Zippo lighter in Sting's 1992 hit It’s Probably Me, to sampling the sounds of clinking spoons in Maggie Rogers' single Dog Years, musicians have been sampling […]
- We’re Giving Away a Pair of Audio-Technica ANC700BT Wireless Headphones! Amongst Audio-Technica's push into wireless innovation this year are the ATH-ANC700BTs, a pair of Bluetooth, noise-cancelling, over ear headphones. We spent a bit of time with our own demo […]
- We Are All Children: The Innocent Magic of The Schoenhut Toy Piano Childhood is often conflated into a few overwhelming memories that form a kind-of distant, draping, impression. The way foresight tends to accumulate sensations rather than events, lends […]
- Reason’s Flagship Europa Synth is Now Available as a VST/AU Plugin Reason 10 users have enjoyed exclusive use of the new flagship Europa synth. Now, Propellerhead has opened it up to much wider use, making it a VST/AU plugin, as well as offering an […]
- Exploring Previously Unexploited Sonic Possibilities with the DIYRE L2A Reamp Box There are a few cool things about the humble L2A passive reamp box by DIYRE (Do It Yourself Recording Equipment). It’s pocket-sized package in black with understated typeface makes it […]
- SSL Dives Into the World of Reverb with the FlexVerb Plugin Solid State Logic has an unimpeachable pedigree in channel strip, EQ and compression design. Now they've turned their hand to crafting a reverb plugin with the FlexVerb.
SSL is […]