Techno producer Remute has revealed his latest album, Technoptimistic. What sets this record apart is that it will be released on a Sega Mega Drive cartridge.
Remute’s Technoptimistic is a less than conventional release. In fact, it might just be the first album to be released on the Sega Mega Drive cartridge format.
In preparation for the album’s full release, Remute has given us a glimpse of what to come with the track, “Red Eyes” which can be found on SoundCloud.
Here’s how the artist describes the track:
“Offering a taste of what is in store across the project, Remute unveils lead track ‘Red Eyes’; following the story of a red eyed cyborg – the ultimate friendly cyberpunk. Looping robotic vocals and synth lines laced with an electro-funk feel, come together to form an uplifting and somewhat psychedelic experience; spreading the ‘Computerliebe’.”
Head over to BandCamp for more details.
- Arca Creates the Bootup Music for Mega Sg Gaming Console Arca, the Venezuelan electronic artist and producer who's worked with Bjork, Frank Ocean and Kanye West among others, has created the startup music for Mega Sg gaming […]
- Breathing New Life into Old Technology: A Conversation with Remute Few embrace the limitations of technology like German producer Remute. Transitioning from the well-trodden path of the modern DAW to the floppy disk and cartridge, he epitomises the […]
- Improvised Sets And The Magic of Analog Synths: Gear Talk With Donny Benét Donny Benét is a simple man, unperturbed by the pace of the world around him. He calls himself a luddite when it comes to making music, an assertion that few musicians in his realm […]
- Behringer Set to Move ARP Odyssey Clone into Production Behringer are set to move their clone of the ARP Odyssey duophonic analog synth into production. Considering the stunning sonic results (and price tag) of their Model D tribute, maybe it's […]
- Behringer Reveal the RD-909: Their Clone of Roland’s Iconic TR-909 As September 9 came close, everyone could predict at least one thing - that Behringer would do something special. The RD-909 is Behringer's nod to Roland's eternally tasteful groovebox, […]
- Byte Riot: Classic 8-Bit Sounds from Native Instruments Native Instruments have just released Byte Riot, an expansion of their Maschine hardware, giving users access to a library of chiptune and 8-bit sounds.
Hungry to inject some […]