Earlier this week Pedaltrain teased a new tuning pedal via a few images on their Instagram account. The new unit is called the Pedaltrain PT-SST Space Saving Tuner and they’re not kidding, it’s less than 1 inch tall and one inch wide, meaning it can squeeze between two standard sized pedals on your board.
As most guitarists know, pedalboard real estate is a real issue. Pedaltrain knows this too and has announced the new PT-SST Space Saving Tuner.
Pedaltrain has been making quality pedalboards for most of the last decade and has become something of an industry standard, however, recently they have made a move into the power supply department. A space-saving tuner seems like the next logical step and the new PT-SST looks to solve the classic ‘pedalboard real estate’ issue that a lot of pedal hungry guitarists end up facing eventually.
The latest image shows that the new unit is more of a dongle than a pedal, with wiring that looks slim enough to fit in most tight situations. There isn’t a lot more information about this tiny new stompbox, but one could assume that the lack of a footswitch means that it doesn’t mute the signal and could very well be true bypass. So maybe it’s not really a stompbox then.
Pedaltrain stated via their Instagram that the PT-SST Space Saving Tuner is due for a release later in the month. They also gave a little wisdom on how they managed to make the footprint so minute.
“How did we make it so small? Low Carbs”
Stay ‘tuned’ for more.
- Three New Mini Pedals from Pigtronix American pedalmeisters Pigtronix have just revealed a new trio of stompboxes that handle boosting, gating and octave manipulation.
Pigtronix have just dropped three new pedals […]
- DSM Noisemaker Launches the OmniCabSim Mini Pedal The OmniCabSim Mini by DSM Noisemaker gives up all the delights of a tube amp plus cabinet, in a package that is conscious of the real estate on your pedalboard.
- Rockboard Invents a Solution to Bright LEDs on Pedals, LED Dampers Not every new invention in the world of gear has screens, sliders and dozen shiny knobs. In fact, some are very simple solutions to very real problems that don't even cost half your […]
- The Supa-Trem Jr. Tremolo Pedal is the Latest Incarnation of a Classic Fulltone have announced the release of the Supa-Trem Jr. tremolo pedal, which will replace the archetypal Supa-Trem 1. Sporting a swag of new features, it's the smaller, smarter brother of […]
- Watch Andy Hanging Out With Dan and Mick From ‘That Pedal Show’ Finally, the ultimate crossover episode! For those a little obsessed with small boxes of wire and metal, you might have heard of 'That Pedal Show,' a YouTube channel hosted by Dan and […]
- BOSS Reveal RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation Stompboxes, Twin Successors to the Popular DD-500 Delay There's nothing better to wake up to on a Monday than two dastardly handsome new effects pedals. Introducing the Boss RV-500 Reverb and MD-500 Modulation.
The two new stompboxes expand […]