Earlier this week Pedaltrain teased a new tuning pedal via a few images on their Instagram account. The new unit is called the Pedaltrain PT-SST Space Saving Tuner and they’re not kidding, it’s less than 1 inch tall and one inch wide, meaning it can squeeze between two standard sized pedals on your board.
As most guitarists know, pedalboard real estate is a real issue. Pedaltrain knows this too and has announced the new PT-SST Space Saving Tuner.
Pedaltrain has been making quality pedalboards for most of the last decade and has become something of an industry standard, however, recently they have made a move into the power supply department. A space-saving tuner seems like the next logical step and the new PT-SST looks to solve the classic ‘pedalboard real estate’ issue that a lot of pedal hungry guitarists end up facing eventually.
The latest image shows that the new unit is more of a dongle than a pedal, with wiring that looks slim enough to fit in most tight situations. There isn’t a lot more information about this tiny new stompbox, but one could assume that the lack of a footswitch means that it doesn’t mute the signal and could very well be true bypass. So maybe it’s not really a stompbox then.
Pedaltrain stated via their Instagram that the PT-SST Space Saving Tuner is due for a release later in the month. They also gave a little wisdom on how they managed to make the footprint so minute.
“How did we make it so small? Low Carbs”
Stay ‘tuned’ for more.
- Daedelus and Bleep Labs Team Up for the Delaydelus 2 In 2015, Daedelus and Bleep Labs released the original Delaydelus, a limited-edition custom sampler and delay unit with arcade style-buttons and alligator-clip patch play.
Now, they've […]
- Look Mum No Computer Has Started a Gameboy Mega-Machine Build A lot of us had a Gameboy back in the '90s, but not many of us dreamt of turning it into a super synthesiser. Well, Sam Battle aka Look Mum No Computer is not a lot of us and with his […]
- Roland Reveal The D-05, Boutique Reissue Of Their Iconic D-50 Synthesiser Yep, Roland have hit another home run. The most recent release within their Boutique series has been revealed, and it's officially a D-50 rework named the D-05.
Honestly, I'm seconds […]
- Google Unveils NSynth Super: An Open-Source Controller for Playing a Synth Algorithm Magenta, a research team at Google, have built a machine-learning algorithm for creating new sounds, NSynth, as well as a controller for combining those sounds, NSynth […]
- JBL Reveals New One Series 104 Monitors, Designed for Modern Lifestyles JBL has unveiled a modern take on studio speakers, the One Series 104 Compact Powered Reference Monitors. The 104s are a new breed of monitor. With their sleek, rounded design, JBL state […]
- The Attic 2 Delivers 18 Quirky Synths to Your DAW Sure, who doesn't love the sound of those big, lush analog classics. Listening to their sound quality, it's easy to understand why they've earned the accolades.
But what of the quirky, […]