We had no idea what a strip footing or a pad footing was until last week. For those who missed it on Facebook we dug a strip footing trench which unfortunately revealed several major sewer runs.
So unfortunately this meant we needed to call back the engineers to re-assess. This process is both costly and time consuming but a lot better than the alternative. A strip footing on its own seems like a much better alternative to pad footings but in the scheme of things as long as the engineering is right, they are equally as viable.
The result is 5 of the above concrete pad footings around the Enmore Audio Garden live room. All the hard work is courtesy of Darren Williams from DVC and rubbish removal from Sydney Rubbish Services.
- Behringer Announce Legendary Synth Developer to Join Team Not long after announcing their KORG MS-20 clone, the K-2, Behringer have revealed that renowned synth developer Hiroaki Nishijima will be joining their team.
The announcement is timely […]
- Electrical conduits, lintels and deep wall penetration It's been a whole week since our last entry and all we can see are walls, walls and more walls. Almost the entire framework has been completed and two lots of additional deliveries have […]
- The first lot of Stud Walls are up. Double Gyprock and inside-out frame work The walls in a recording studio are built inside out. That is to say the stud work is on the outside and the Gyprock is facing inwards towards the existing room. Regardless of whether the […]
- The Quiet Giant: New Book Explores The Unique Genius of Leo Fender Leo Fender: The Quiet Giant Heard Around the World is a new book that lends a new perspective on the quiet genius of Leo Fender - the guitar icon who changed the course of popular […]
- We’re Giving Away a Pair of Audio-Technica ANC700BT Wireless Headphones! Amongst Audio-Technica's push into wireless innovation this year are the ATH-ANC700BTs, a pair of Bluetooth, noise-cancelling, over ear headphones. We spent a bit of time with our own demo […]
- Remembering Three Forgotten Vintage British Amp Manufacturers The UK has birthed its fair share of noteworthy guitar amp manufacturers in the last century. However, despite promising starts, some of these have never made the impact that say, Vox or […]